Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

tag
nrm
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum CSRs: Cost Cutting?

Operator: Hi! This is 911! What's your location?
Caller: Hi! I'm having a diarrhea, where's the closet restroom from the corner of ABC and CVS?
Operator: Sir! This is emergency line dealing with life threatening situation. If you need help with your diarrhea, you can call your local numbers for help.
Caller: But I am a US Citizen. I pay taxes, which used to pay for your salary, which in turn, used to pay for my services I deserve.
Operator: Sir! There are many people out there who need 911 service, your problem can be dealt with local help.
Caller: I disagree! My taxes pay for your salary. Thus, I deserve the help from you.
Operator: I will transfer you to local line, sir! Please wait a minute!
Caller: Hey, hold up!...Damn....My pants....
Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's hilarious and true!
Message 32 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointLager wrote:
Process focused is never what makes service providers stand out.

If your waiter is absent and you need something so you summon another waiter who is passing by does this waiter help and get you something like an extra fork or whatever Od do they insist on getting your waiter so you can repeat the request. Think about which behavior is more appreciated by patrons.

@Anonymous platinum reps or the JPM executive client like may not be required to handle other cards but because they do we appreciate the service that much more. As @CreditCuriousity mentioned earlier this is one of the reasons why we are happy to pay for the Ritz AF. They take ownership of problems. I once had missing bonus URs on my Freedom card and the JPM rep took the issue and resolved it. It's this consistency and seamless delivery of experience that makes us appreciate a company.

I find reading everyones opinions on this interesting, as for your waiter instance; I sit there quietly and wait until my waiter comes back; I do not feel right bothering another waiter.

Message 33 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I always wait for my waiter.
Message 34 of 42
nrm
Frequent Contributor

@PointLager wrote:
Process focused is never what makes service providers stand out.

If your waiter is absent and you need something so you summon another waiter who is passing by does this waiter help and get you something like an extra fork or whatever Od do they insist on getting your waiter so you can repeat the request. Think about which behavior is more appreciated by patrons.

@Anonymous platinum reps or the JPM executive client like may not be required to handle other cards but because they do we appreciate the service that much more. As @CreditCuriousity mentioned earlier this is one of the reasons why we are happy to pay for the Ritz AF. They take ownership of problems. I once had missing bonus URs on my Freedom card and the JPM rep took the issue and resolved it. It's this consistency and seamless delivery of experience that makes us appreciate a company.

Asking for help from a randomly passing by waiter is totally different from purposely and somewhat aggressively abusing Customer Service Help Line. Customers don't wave on a credit card CSR passing by for a queston regarding a card number, card replacement, card transaction, etc... They call them, and it's the customers' responsibility and respect to call the right number for the right card. 

Message 35 of 42
PointLager
Established Contributor

I guess you guys only have one card with Amex ?

If I need to confirm statement closing date for half a dozen cards I'm not going to call each card separately.

You're welcomed to if you like.
Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointLager wrote:
I guess you guys only have one card with Amex ?

If I need to confirm statement closing date for half a dozen cards I'm not going to call each card separately.

You're welcomed to if you like.

I can see where that would get daunting, I personally have 0 cards with amex..... However I have my statement closing dates memorized; but I do have a way with numbers that many people I know don't.

Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DrZoidberg wrote:

And who still calls? It's all about the chat. I can get way more done in less time.

Agreed.

Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nrm wrote:
Operator: Hi! This is 911! What's your location?
Caller: Hi! I'm having a diarrhea, where's the closet restroom from the corner of ABC and CVS?
Operator: Sir! This is emergency line dealing with life threatening situation. If you need help with your diarrhea, you can call your local numbers for help.
Caller: But I am a US Citizen. I pay taxes, which used to pay for your salary, which in turn, used to pay for my services I deserve.
Operator: Sir! There are many people out there who need 911 service, your problem can be dealt with local help.
Caller: I disagree! My taxes pay for your salary. Thus, I deserve the help from you.
Operator: I will transfer you to local line, sir! Please wait a minute!
Caller: Hey, hold up!...Damn....My pants....

HILARIOUS!!!!! Omg!!!

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's very plausible that cuts have been made.  AXP lost some critical programs (Costco as one) and are scrambling on what to do in order to keep those customers from fleeing (and many are), (also not to mention they are carrying a higher debt-to-equity ratio than the industry standard so not in the highest financial health).

I truly believe that unless you are a Paladium, Centurion, or have a private banking relationship we are all going to see the quality in CS take a hit and to become more industry norm and remain that way.

And it is unacceptable. When will the cost cutting STOP?? It's not 2008 anymore. 

Citi is also known to have nothing but CSR's from India, and it's making me consider dumping them... Why deal with some moronic person from India who speaks garbled English and has no idea about their own products? Discover and Empower FCU have 100% U.S based, English speaking, knowledgeable reps.  It's such an easy choice to choose. 

People don't vote enough with their wallet anymore, and companies walk all over the customer's. 

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.