Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Card received!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Card received!

I applied on Sunday at 11 pm. And got the card today! 

I was out all day waiting for the email "your card is shipped" but it never came. Just before I got home I was wondering if it's already here. 

And it was! 

I only have 1 year of credit history and yet I got this card and that's just crazy.

Going to be traveling a lot this Christmas, and buying some computers so it's going to be easy to hit that min spend.

So happy!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Card received!

I certainly like mine...but it's actually not a very hard card to get. Starwood and CSP have generally higher standards.

Just because every Platinum gets nice perks doesn't mean every Platinum has massive spending power.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

I certainly like mine...but it's actually not a very hard card to get. Starwood and CSP have generally higher standards.

Just because every Platinum gets nice perks doesn't mean every Platinum has massive spending power.

Still, for the perks tho

Message 3 of 8
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats!  What sign up bonus will you be receiving?

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4 of 8
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done, congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats! What SUB did you get?
The Platinum is in my consideration list for future card consolidation. It combines a lot of perks into one card. Simple.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 8
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
Congrats! What SUB did you get?
The Platinum is in my consideration list for future card consolidation. It combines a lot of perks into one card. Simple.

I've been following the Op's journey on this Platinum adventure and I'm fairly confident it was the 60k offer but he can say for sure. 

@NRB525, even though I've only had the Platinum myself going on 2 months now..  it's absolutely worth every cent to me already.  It's like the 'Bark Box' for dogs only this is the 'Perks Box' for adults. Already basically been credited back what the annual fee cost and taken advantage of offers.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied on Sunday at 11 pm. And got the card today! 

I was out all day waiting for the email "your card is shipped" but it never came. Just before I got home I was wondering if it's already here. 

And it was! 

I only have 1 year of credit history and yet I got this card and that's just crazy.

Going to be traveling a lot this Christmas, and buying some computers so it's going to be easy to hit that min spend.

So happy!

Way to go Congrats on your Platinum! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.