Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

tag
daytrade5
Contributor

Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

Today I received a pre-approval from Amex for the Platinum card. All I know is this card carries a whopping $450 annual fee & it’s awesome to look at. Lol. But just wondering, what other reasons would someone have for obtaining this card? Traveling I guess would be a great reason, but I can’t think of any other reasons. The rewards maybe???  Are there any extremely exclusive perks that come with this card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Pre-Approval

There are lots of threads on this card here and on flyertalk.  I suggest you run some searches.  Main benefit is the airline lounge access.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I plan on getting this card in Jan. Its mostly a travelers card. A few benefits: Fine hotels and resorts, Priority Pass, 200 airline credit, 20% points back when booking travel with membership rewards first, global entry, preferred seating, concierge, event protection, limo and private jet service, and a few warranty protections. If used right, the benefits can outweigh the annual fee.

Message 3 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

VIP status when traveling. This CC is made for travelers who only want the best of the best when traveling. If you are not a frequent traveler, than the perks imho, doesn't really benefit you at all. Esp., having to pay the whopping AF. For the ones who travels often, this card is the way to go.

Message 4 of 5
daytrade5
Contributor

Thanks everyone... Looks like i'll have to pass on this card. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.