cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Pre-approval

tag
primecs

Re: Amex Platinum Pre-approval

My current limit is $15000 and I started at $5000. I didn't know about the 3x CLI so I only requested $5000 CLI each time. I don't spend too much on this card so the available credit is more than sufficient for my needs. I am interested in the Platinum for a few reasons. I travel often for work and get reimbursed for the expenses. I'd like to charge these expenses to a single card to make accounting easier at the end of the month. To my understanding, charge cards are NPSL so I can mask these charges from my utilization for credit scoring purposes. I also read that one can use the $200 airline credit to buy gift cards, which offsets the AF. I don't know how often I'd use the lounges though, as I'm perfectly happy grabbing a bite to eat in the terminal and waiting at the gate. With that in mind, would I be better off applying for a lower level charge card? I was also pre-approved for PRG and Green.

Message 11 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@primecs wrote:

My current limit is $15000 and I started at $5000. I didn't know about the 3x CLI so I only requested $5000 CLI each time. I don't spend too much on this card so the available credit is more than sufficient for my needs. I am interested in the Platinum for a few reasons. I travel often for work and get reimbursed for the expenses. I'd like to charge these expenses to a single card to make accounting easier at the end of the month. To my understanding, charge cards are NPSL so I can mask these charges from my utilization for credit scoring purposes. I also read that one can use the $200 airline credit to buy gift cards, which offsets the AF. I don't know how often I'd use the lounges though, as I'm perfectly happy grabbing a bite to eat in the terminal and waiting at the gate. With that in mind, would I be better off applying for a lower level charge card? I was also pre-approved for PRG and Green.

yes you can google and probably find a current gold cash preferred bonus offer and apply for that... Free for first year too!

Message 12 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@primecs wrote:

yes you can google and probably find a current gold cash preferred bonus offer and apply for that... Free for first year too!

+1 I had a offer for the PRG for 50k so I got that.  Same week my DW got a Plat offer for 100k didn't app.  There are great offers out there just a matter of finding them.

Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

When I login to my account, I see preapprovals for Plat, Bus Gold ("As one of our most valued customers", that's me, spending $6K per year!), PRG and green, depending on something.   While the plat and biz gold both specify 50K MR points, the PRG has no signup.   I just have the BCP, so I should be eligible for the usual bonus, right?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.