Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Upgrade - APPROVED!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Upgrade - APPROVED!!!

I was approved for the American Express Platinum Card (in the form of an 'upgrade' from the Gold Card). It took me a long time to learn how to manage myself financially.

It feels nice to be approved for an account/credit product that requires significant financial disclipline or has stringent approval standards; It makes me realize I'v come a loooooonnnngg way since when I started using credit lol. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go but I love this community.

I can't thank those on this forum enough for helping me learn how to mange myself and stay out of longterm debt. I've been longterm lurker for many years but just started posting recently but those on this forum have shaped my life for the better; I'm happy I found this forum. Next frontier is a mortgage(*shudders*).

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Upgrade - APPROVED!!!

Congratulations on your product upgrade!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Make sure to take advantage of all the annual credits before the end of this year! (airline incidental, saks, uber, telecom/streamings)

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the upgrade! I'm very new to the forum and I feel like it has already saved me from making very bad decisions I would have made if I never found out about this forum. Now I know what I want and the step it takes to get there !! 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum saved me from a liftime of debt and helped me save money on an autoloan, first car and even on my first car(read alot about spot financing and interest rates). It will likely be the reason that, one day, I can afford a home.

I've learned to budget because of this forum! It's legit awesome lol. I feel like an advertisement but honestly I don't know where I'd be without out all the awesome people on this website; I'm glad I created an account Smiley Happy.

Message 5 of 13
Trikoret
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for the American Express Platinum Card (in the form of an 'upgrade' from the Gold Card). It took me a long time to learn how to manage myself financially.

It feels nice to be approved for an account/credit product that requires significant financial disclipline or has stringent approval standards; It makes me realize I'v come a loooooonnnngg way since when I started using credit lol. I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go but I love this community.

I can't thank those on this forum enough for helping me learn how to mange myself and stay out of longterm debt. I've been longterm lurker for many years but just started posting recently but those on this forum have shaped my life for the better; I'm happy I found this forum. Next frontier is a mortgage(*shudders*).

Congratulations on the upgrade. Did you get any welcome MR for the upgrade?

Message 6 of 13
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your upgrade!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  wasn't aiming for it but I tihnk it was 25k for 1k spend within 90 days/3 months of approval/upgrade .

I only switched because I'm not eating out. Having moved out means that I have the kitchen to myself; I've always loved cooking more than restraunts.

Grocery bill has skyrocketed plus having to drive means gas.  I don't eat out now so the Gold Card became moot.

BCP + Platinum === Perfect

2021 is gonna be good year lol Smiley Very Happy (Fingers crossed). Now I've just gotta figure out how to game the airlines rewards system ;p

Message 8 of 13
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congratulations. A lot of people feel that all Amex charge cards (Green, Gold, Platinum) have the same underwriting, but I think the Platinum is actually a bit more selective. But not sure. None are super difficult to get. The two cards are very different in terms of rewards. If you travel much, it is sometimes worth having both. Enjoy!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 9 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Thats a cool story!  Yes, these members here have changed many lives, mine included!

Congratulations on your upgrade and success!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.