cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum app. Got FR but crd arrived today?

tag
hilltro
Valued Member

Amex Platinum app. Got FR but crd arrived today?

Hi everyone,

I have had a zync card for over a year now(NPSL). I applied for the Platinum and got the message we are reviewing it, youll know in 14 days. I called up new accounts and was transferred to "Special group" in Amex new accounts(FR dept?). They saod they needed a 4506-T from IRS and Bank leterhead with my address.

The next day the message changed to approved, the following day UPS delivered my card.  Anyone else have a similar experience?

BTW i am not planning on sending in the info if i dont have to.

( Equfiax is clean just high balances/inq) Trans and Experian both have a chargeoff paid and a collections paid about 3 years old.

Amex Platinum | Amex Zync | Penfed Plat Rewards | Discover IT | Bank Of America Cash Rewards

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
hilltro
Valued Member

Re: Amex Platinum app. Got FR but crd arrived today?

Anyone?
Amex Platinum | Amex Zync | Penfed Plat Rewards | Discover IT | Bank Of America Cash Rewards

Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@hilltro wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have had a zync card for over a year now(NPSL). I applied for the Platinum and got the message we are reviewing it, youll know in 14 days. I called up new accounts and was transferred to "Special group" in Amex new accounts(FR dept?). They saod they needed a 4506-T from IRS and Bank leterhead with my address.

The next day the message changed to approved, the following day UPS delivered my card.  Anyone else have a similar experience?

BTW i am not planning on sending in the info if i dont have to.

( Equfiax is clean just high balances/inq) Trans and Experian both have a chargeoff paid and a collections paid about 3 years old.

Did they say specifically they want your tax returns to be able to use the card??

I would give a call to AMEX EO in the backdoor sticky and talk to them about it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

have you tried using the card yet? that's the first thing i would have done.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 9
hilltro
Valued Member

Yeah card works fine

Message 5 of 9
enharu
Super Contributor

pretend it never happened until they call u then lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 9
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

they might cancel it if they dont receive the paperwork in a given amount of time?

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

IMO.. I would be proactive and call better safe than sorry

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
swpopham
Established Contributor

they might have wanted an address verification hen realized that you were a card member already

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.