cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum in the mail but got a Question?

tag
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Amex Platinum in the mail but got a Question?

I had posted here about how i was approved for an American Express Platinum. For some reason my account got locked and they are not responding to my e-mails so i opened this one.

Anyways I got it today by UPS today. I was expecting a box of some kind but got an envelope. All that was inside was the card and the cardholder agreement. There were no books telling me about the benefits like you see in the videos or anything. Is this normal or did something go wrong? I dont really care about it I just wantted to know what other people got with there Platinum Cards?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum in the mail but got a Question?

Usually the rest comes a couple days later.

Message 2 of 10
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I think when they UPS the card it's like a replacement card. Due to mailing costs by weight they probably send regular package by normal mail if you requested expedited shipping of card.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

When I got mine a couple of years ago, everything came in one big package

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 4 of 10
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

When I got my PRG last month everything was overnighted in one big package. Given that the Platinum is a step above, I'd expect the same.
Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 5 of 10
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I was approved the the plat card in August of '12.  My card came in a Box with a booklet that shared the perks of the card. 

Did you ask for the card to be rushed?  I did not request any special shipping. 

I read on here that you would need to pay the annual fee (450) when you activate the card, but I was not asked to pay the fee during activation.

Message 6 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Pdog i believe they charge it right onto your card.
Message 7 of 10
firesoul453
Contributor

@pdog661 wrote:

I was approved the the plat card in August of '12.  My card came in a Box with a booklet that shared the perks of the card. 

I read on here that you would need to pay the annual fee (450) when you activate the card, but I was not asked to pay the fee during activation.

the fee was probably waved for the first year. 

Do people really think the card is worh $450 a year?

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firesoul453 wrote:

@pdog661 wrote:

the fee was probably waved for the first year. 

Do people really think the card is worh $450 a year?

For the right person, hell yes.  Amex charge cards aren't right for everyone, especially the Platinum.  The average person might not get enough benefit from the Platinum, but if you are the type to take frequent advantage of the benefits that the Platinum offers, it is easily worth the fee.

Also, Amex pretty much never waives the Platinum's annual fee, atleast I've never seen any offers for it waived.  It will probably just pop up when the first statement cuts.

Message 9 of 10
Gibran
Frequent Contributor

Amex will usually rush your Plat. card without even requesting, the same goes for if you happen to lose a card and need a replacement..As far as the AF, it will appear on your statement, believe me it was not waived Smiley Wink ...For me the $450 is worth it, I travel on a fairly regular basis and being to utilize the club lounges is a plus, not too mention the $200/yr incidental credit offered, comes in handy when paying for those inflight wifi fees, snacks, etc..or  even if I want to pay for a better seat on my flight, I've also received invitations to see nice events before the sale hits the public, I try to take full advantage of the perks offered through my Amex Plat card, being upgraded to starwoods gold preferred, national car rental executive, I only stayed at starwood hotels and rented from national before I ever got my card, so this was a plus for me as well...I guess I'm just showing how I utilize my card, I know some still may not see the worth of a $450 AF, but what it really comes down to is a persons preference, we all probably will never agree on why one person or another may have gotten a particular CC, maybe it was just a card that person may have always wanted and tried to get, and finally was put a position where they were able to obtain it..Of course this is just my personal opinion...Now excuse me, I need to go app for a AMEX Spg card Smiley Very Happy....j\k I won't be doing that until sometime in Jan, if I can fight temptation for that long... 

AMEX Platinum NPSL | AMEX Zync NPSL | AMEX Delta Platinum $4000 | Travelocity Amex $4000 | CapOne No Hassle Rewards $2500 | BBRZ MC $800 | Local CU Visa $1000 | Kay $2000 | Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve $5000 | Chase Marriott Rewards $5000 | BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa $7000 | Discover IT $1000
In the garden until 10/2014
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.