Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum missing from "all cards" page of Amex website

tag
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum missing from "all cards" page of Amex website

Why would a thread like this be in the Smorgasbord? Nobody visits that section besides this is a question about a credit card.... in the credit card section. Go figure.

For everyone else... Cash Magnet doesn't show up for me. I don't know why but when my 0% runs out on my BCE, I'll get it via incognito.
Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see the Platinum either when logged into Amex.
Message 12 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Felony_Phil wrote:
Why would a thread like this be in the Smorgasbord? Nobody visits that section besides this is a question about a credit card.... in the credit card section. Go figure.

For everyone else... Cash Magnet doesn't show up for me. I don't know why but when my 0% runs out on my BCE, I'll get it via incognito.

I'm gonna agree. Nobody knows why cards will disappear occasionally. While it could be a website or browser issue, I think it actually has to do with a person's profile. Like I said earlier, the site will give me a pop up for the gold, but when I click, I'm blocked from the card. Seeing as how I apped for it exclusively a few times, I think it's related. If I go incognito or use a different browser I haven't logged into amex with yet, it shows. Once I've logged into amex, it will no longer show in that browser.

Message 13 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Felony_Phil wrote:

I'm gonna agree. Nobody knows why cards will disappear occasionally. While it could be a website or browser issue, I think it actually has to do with a person's profile. Like I said earlier, the site will give me a pop up for the gold, but when I click, I'm blocked from the card. Seeing as how I apped for it exclusively a few times, I think it's related. If I go incognito or use a different browser I haven't logged into amex with yet, it shows. Once I've logged into amex, it will no longer show in that browser.

This thread is not about the AMEX Platinum at all. It is about user issues with web browsers.

No news at all about Platinum, except if the OP is hoping:

"Did they take down the Platinum links to make major changes to it??? Asking for a friend."

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 28
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

You sound mad.

You mad, Bro?
Message 15 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Felony_Phil wrote:
You sound mad.

You mad, Bro?

Irritated is more accurate. A person needs to think about what they are seeing on a screen, not just run to MF to try to raise an issue that is local to their browser. I fully realize I am keeping the balloon in the air by commenting on this, but we get a fair number of not relevant threads here.

"Is anyone else seeing the Citi/CapOne/AMEX/Chase site is down??? I can't get it to load" and the next poster has no issues. That sort of relevant Smorgasborg activity. This falls in that group.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 16 of 28
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Felony_Phil wrote:

This thread is not about the AMEX Platinum at all. It is about user issues with web browsers.

No news at all about Platinum, except if the OP is hoping:

"Did they take down the Platinum links to make major changes to it??? Asking for a friend."

No, you're making an assumption. There are enough people here, such as the ones clearing caches and using different browsers, that can show that it isn't a browser issue. This exact topic came up in the garden thread a couple of weeks ago and there was 3 or 4 people that confirm that the cards disappear and reappear without being tied to a browser issue.

Message 17 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

It is a CC related question and will remain in the credit card section.  This isn't a browser issue either it happens from time to time with people including myself for whatever reason Amex will remove certain cards from certain people if they are an AMEX card holder.  

Remember all please be FSR I don't want to have to either cut out posts in this thread or lock it.

Thanks

Message 18 of 28
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Not seeing it in my Chrome session. I tried Incognito and Edge, and I get a 75K public offer on both. They are probably tweaking on who can see the 75K offer. Dang... now I am tempted... but 100K is my target.

My Chrome Session: 

i1.jpg

In Incognito, or Edge: 

i2.jpg

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX may be updating, or changing their website. I just completed a survey a moment ago. 

Based on the questions, I beleive they want to hear what people think about the new updated homepage.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.