Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum missing from "all cards" page of Amex website

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Platinum missing from "all cards" page of Amex website

@staticvoidmain wrote:

Not seeing it in my Chrome session. I tried Incognito and Edge, and I get a 75K public offer on both. They are probably tweaking on who can see the 75K offer. Dang... now I am tempted... but 100K is my target.

My Chrome Session: 

i1.jpg

In Incognito, or Edge: 

i2.jpg

Personally, I don't think you can apply. They removed it from your view based on your account. I think if you try it won't allow you to app. But, until someone tries, we can't prove it.

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are changing it to 2x MR Points on all other purchases, and raising the AF to $595.

Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there I have the same problem. Right after I was declined for gold it gives me the same issue. It reappears when I check on it incognito. Very strange you can reapply via another link if your odds improve. I got the 50k bonus by referral about a month later but my Fico did jump 70 points after a CO fell off. Very interesting 

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum shows fine here

@Felony_Phil wrote:

For everyone else... Cash Magnet doesn't show up for me. I don't know why but when my 0% runs out on my BCE, I'll get it via incognito.

I get the same with the Cash Magnet. I already have the card, but oddly enough my BCP shows up on the card list with the "your card" tag on the listing. You would think it would be the same wth the CM.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They are changing it to 2x MR Points on all other purchases, and raising the AF to $595.

srsly? link?

Message 25 of 28
charp150
Valued Member

AMEX's backend systems that handle preapprovals for existing cardmembers can be very screwy sometimes.  I wasn't seeing SPG Lux and ended up calling a CSR to apply (and was approved).  I asked them about the product not being displayed to me as an offering and they really couldn't provide an explaination.  Cash Magnet also disappears for me fairly often.  Also, on some days I'll have no preapprovals and on others every card in their portfolio will show as preapproved (one day to the next).  My guess is that there's some data processing job (like a batch run) that happens at certain chronological intervals causing this behavior.  

You can always call new accounts and apply for any card you want.  I doubt any CC issuer in their right minds would not accept applications from everyone for generally available products.  Would open the door for discrimination claims.  

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I see green and gold, blue cash, everyday, Delta, etc. No platinum. I don't really care. I'm just curious.

I am not 100% sure on this, but my theory is, i believe what you see on that page is profile driven.  I have seen cards go away and come back depending on what Amex had my Fico score at.   

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I agree. I waited for a long time to get preapprovals. Never got any they are showing a FICO of 742 on their site with clean report ( do have some inquiries but who doesn’t). I have just had to Cold app for everything I have. I did get denied for a gold but with recon was able to get it after my internal profile updated. Which btw I reconed over a month after the original app. I did not think they would even look at it.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.