Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum

tag
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum

I'd consider the card if additional cards didn't cost anything. 

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 56
MrShush
Valued Contributor

+3 to the complimentary cocktails that id easily spend $50 on prepping pre-flight.

Message 22 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
+3 to the complimentary cocktails that id easily spend $50 on prepping pre-flight.

Im a huge fan of free food any way.. lol

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 23 of 56
Open123
Super Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I suspect this is one of those universal attributes we were all given from birth!

Message 24 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I suspect this is one of those universal attributes we were all given from birth!

"FREE IS ME". I did more research on the 20% MR First points back.. very good feature.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 25 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

"FREE IS ME". I did more research on the 20% MR First points back.. very good feature.

How do you like your Barclays Rewards card aamex? I'm interested in thisd in July and would like to app for it. Did they pull TU? Nice CL?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 26 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

This is mostly thought of as one of the worst ways to redeem among the FT forms. Most of the time you will get more value if you transfer to a FF/FG account. In essence the 20% back means your points are worth 1.25 per point. Full benefits are here http://exploreplatinum.americanexpress.com/Benefits/AllBenefits

Message 27 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

How do you like your Barclays Rewards card aamex? I'm interested in thisd in July and would like to app for it. Did they pull TU? Nice CL?

I didn't app for it. I product changed over from Apple Financing Visa because I feel like I have every apple product I'll need and 0% financing isn't as attractive as getting reward points for my bills that come in every month!! Lol. But its okay, in all honesty I just want to use it to get 2x pts on my electrical bill, and when discovers 2% for phone and cable ends then i'll use it for electrical, phone, and cable.

Message 28 of 56
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I didn't app for it. I product changed over from Apple Financing Visa because I feel like I have every apple product I'll need and 0% financing isn't as attractive as getting reward points for my bills that come in every month!! Lol. But its okay, in all honesty I just want to use it to get 2x pts on my electrical bill, and when discovers 2% for phone and cable ends then i'll use it for electrical, phone, and cable.

Did they HP for the PC?? How long did you have the acct. before you tried?? I'd like to PC but don't know when the right time would be.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 56
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

Did they HP for the PC?? How long did you have the acct. before you tried?? I'd like to PC but don't know when the right time would be.

They didn't hard pull for the PC (surprise right). I had the card since May 2011, asked for the PC in Feb 2012... less than a year.  I had asked for a CLI (like a fool) in June 2011. But since then, just regular activity and the auto CLI in March 2012, i'm really curious to know if it has something to do with the PC?

Message 30 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.