Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-approval Changes?

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-approval Changes?

Interesting....

I got the same page @Brian_Earl_Spilner got where you basically have to fill out a new application on a few cards: CM, BCE, ED, and Blue. All other cards were normal as far as just inputting income. Might just be a Chrome issue because Firefox didn't do this

Message 21 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Chrome, half the cards are making me fill in everything and the other half of the cards are pre-filled like yours.

Message 22 of 65
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Yeah, it's starting to sound like a browser issue. Maybe the cookies aren't loading properly

Message 23 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went in to make payments on a couple of my accounts on my iPhone (so here are some iOS data points), and then looked at cards. I see three different presentations:

1) expanding your membership is easy (Green, EDP, Bonvoy)
2) get a decision in as little as 30 seconds (Platinum, ED)
3) request an upgrade (Delta Plat/Reserve, Hilton Aspire)

The one that’s interesting to me is #2 - it’s the preapproval verbiage without saying “you’re preapproved”. Makes me wonder what’s up with that. It does not have the prepopulated application that only requires 3-4 fields to be filled, it has the essentially empty app. I’m not sure what to make of that.

I tried it on my desktop PC at work and it basically had a stroke, but I’m not putting weight on that because the desktop site at work is always really slow and kinda screwy due to all the work-related security stuff on our network.
Message 24 of 65
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just logged out too....#2 I have on one, gold and all the rest were #1.  I've been with Amex one month, only business card.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 25 of 65
GApeachy
Super Contributor

My bad.... lol!!!!!

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 7.16.59 AM - Edited.pngScreenshot 2019-11-01 at 7.32.44 AM - Edited.pngScreenshot 2019-11-01 at 7.27.00 AM - Edited.png

Message 26 of 65
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just went in to make payments on a couple of my accounts on my iPhone (so here are some iOS data points), and then looked at cards. I see three different presentations:

The one that’s interesting to me is #2 - it’s the preapproval verbiage without saying “you’re preapproved”. Makes me wonder what’s up with that. It does not have the prepopulated application that only requires 3-4 fields to be filled, it has the essentially empty app. I’m not sure what to make of that.

I tried it on my desktop PC at work and it basically had a stroke, but I’m not putting weight on that because the desktop site at work is always really slow and kinda screwy due to all the work-related security stuff on our network.

The plot thickens...dun Dun DUNNN

Message 27 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could be the guinea pig - adding central AC to my house would be a good chunk of the SUB spend for Platinum, but I’m not ready to make that jump yet 😕
Message 28 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

...but if 220 of you inquisitive Amex members wanna send me $10 each, I’ll pull the trigger now Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 65
GApeachy
Super Contributor

You need to look at the message on my gold card above

Message 30 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.