Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-approval for second BCE.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Pre-approval for second BCE.

I recieved a pre-approval from Amex on the mail for a Blue Cash Everyday with a bonus of 250$ after 1,000 spent. I already have a BCE and I think read somewhere Amex would not honor the bonus if you already got it from the same PL??? I remember I got like 100$ spend bonus a couple of years back when I opened my first BCE. Just wondering if anyone had any info about it...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pre-approval for second BCE.

@Anonymous wrote:

I recieved a pre-approval from Amex on the mail for a Blue Cash Everyday with a bonus of 250$ after 1,000 spent. I already have a BCE and I think read somewhere Amex would not honor the bonus if you already got it from the same PL??? I remember I got like 100$ spend bonus a couple of years back when I opened my first BCE. Just wondering if anyone had any info about it...

Interesting situation. Firstly, I don't think they'd allow you to have clone products. Are you sure it's not for the BCP?

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, 100% sure its the BCE. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, their policy at least as of this year, It's a one per lifetime bonus on any one card.

I'd ignore the offer seeing as A) You already have the card, and B) You've already received a bonus for it.

I swear, don't these lenders do the darndest things sometimes? Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, their policy at least as of this year, It's a one per lifetime bonus on any one card.

I'd ignore the offer seeing as A) You already have the card, and B) You've already received a bonus for it.

Is it one bonus per lifetime? Or one bonus per card? 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For lifetime, per card.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

For lifetime, per card.

thanks.

Message 7 of 11
Luscher
Valued Contributor

You can only get the bonus once EVER on each individual product of amex's.....so one signup bonus on be, one on bcp, one on prog etc......so then i you have a bce get the bonus then close it 6 months later, then app for it in the future you can not get the bonus
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luscher wrote:
You can only get the bonus once EVER on each individual product of amex's.....so one signup bonus on be, one on bcp, one on prog etc......so then i you have a bce get the bonus then close it 6 months later, then app for it in the future you can not get the bonus

Thanks for the detailed answer! That makes it much more clear for me. Another question though, when I look at cards while logged in I see no sign up bonuses...do I have to do it incognito?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Thanks for the detailed answer! That makes it much more clear for me. Another question though, when I look at cards while logged in I see no sign up bonuses...do I have to do it incognito?

I thought I had made it pretty clear, actually.

And yes Incognito all the way. It may cost you an HP to apply, but you get the bonus.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.