Amex Pre approval site

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Pre approval site

@Link2k wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

Lol, so did I.

The RSVP code is for when they give you a pre approval letter. If you get one of those, you're pretty much in, if your uti is in order..If I get one of those, I will pay my balances to 1-5% utility, then apply.

All the pre approval site was before was a database checker. It would not soft your credit report. If they had already softed your report and determined you qualified then you would have something show up. Now they simply require you wait for the mailed offer. As I said the only thing that has changed is how they allow you to access this information online.

Also AFAIK the sign up for offers is for ITA's only.

Good info. Thanks. I am new to responsible credit management, so my ignorance shows from time to time, but I do appreciate all replies on topic.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 15
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

That site has more bugs than a little bit

Especially with the preapproval link

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 12 of 15
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

Amex's website has been messed up for a long time now. The Membership Rewards page with links to all the 3X-5X points rewards for shopping online has been down for months. Who knows?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 13 of 15
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

They discontinued their Zync card and all went to crap.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

Does anybody have a working link? I've been searching for a while... Cat Sad

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.