Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reinstatement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Reinstatement

A few months ago amex closed my account due to 2 returned payment fees and a high utilazation on my card. My credit score had dropped but has now dramatically increased (in the 700's, previously was going through a rough time). When I contacted Amex they told me to wait 3 months bring my credit score up and apply again. Now I am ready to do that but I am nervous I will be denied. I had a blue cash everyday card. My account was in good standing when it closed, everything was paid off. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Reinstatement

@Anonymous wrote:

A few months ago amex closed my account due to 2 returned payment fees and a high utilazation on my card. My credit score had dropped but has now dramatically increased (in the 700's, previously was going through a rough time). When I contacted Amex they told me to wait 3 months bring my credit score up and apply again. Now I am ready to do that but I am nervous I will be denied. I had a blue cash everyday card. My account was in good standing when it closed, everything was paid off. 

If you really want another Amex, then I would go ahead and apply.  If they told you parameters for reapplying and  you have met them, then it's worth tryng.  If you're denied, you'll at least get an idea of your standing with them so you can plan for the future.  If you try, good luckk and let us know the results.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.