Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Renewal Cards Report Delivered

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Renewal Cards Report Delivered

I got an email last week that my renewal card was shipped, which included a link on tracking the new card. Last Thursday, it reported as delivered. When I got home, no card in the mail. Gave it a few days in case a neighbor got it, maybe it was moved to basket of older mail, or in another place, etc. Looked around a day or 2 later, no trace of it. 

Got on chat. First thing CSR said after saying good morning and how can I help you is that they see I am getting a new card and should receive it by 11/15. I said that's the reason for my inquiry. She said there are numerous calls on the topic and it is due to a system issue erroneously reporting the card was shipped and then delivered. 

If anyone is expecting a new Amex very soon, you might run into this. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex Renewal Cards Report Delivered

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email last week that my renewal card was shipped, which included a link on tracking the new card. Last Thursday, it reported as delivered. When I got home, no card in the mail. Gave it a few days in case a neighbor got it, maybe it was moved to basket of older mail, or in another place, etc. Looked around a day or 2 later, no trace of it. 

Got on chat. First thing CSR said after saying good morning and how can I help you is that they see I am getting a new card and should receive it by 11/15. I said that's the reason for my inquiry. She said there are numerous calls on the topic and it is due to a system issue erroneously reporting the card was shipped and then delivered. 

If anyone is expecting a new Amex very soon, you might run into this. 

Amex sending another email explaining might be a good idea!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: still haven't received the new card. 

Anyone else having an expiration date in November on any of their Amex cards still waiting for a new card with 11 days left before the card expires?

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  what is the status on the tracker? 

Does it show cards were mailed and have they updated in mobile wallet (can't remember if you finally broke and decided to try that witchcraft)

Mine was replaced twice, both times it updated before being shipped, and tracker was fairly accurate 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I click the link, I see this:

Order a Replacement Card

Why do you need to replace your Card?

Lost Card

Stolen Card

Damaged Card

Never Received Card

Your previously issued Card will be canceled and you’ll receive a replacement with a new Card number.

Name Change

Incorrect Name

Misplaced your Card? Freeze your Card to limit its use until you find or replace it.

So the best option is to replace the card since it was not received. On Oct 22nd, the status was the card was delivered. I didn't receive it,  but a CSR informed me that was incorrect, it was not shipped yet and won't be until November and I should receive it by November 15th. 

If I order a replacement, my card # will change.
Message 5 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

They probably didn't even ship it yet.

I guess you can just ask for a replacement or you could use chat and figure out if they shipped it or not. 

Message 6 of 10
Trikoret
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: still haven't received the new card. 

Anyone else having an expiration date in November on any of their Amex cards still waiting for a new card with 11 days left before the card expires?

I'm surprised they didn't overnight it to you after they found a glitch. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I should have received the card by now.

Called Amex and the CSR said I should have received the card by now. They went ahead and processed a replacement card expedited. 

A couple of surprises:

(1) When I called, the automated service said based on online activity, I was having an issue with a replacement card and gave me the option to handle via the automated service. I declined and decided to speak with someone. They knew my issue when I called so their automated phone system is integrated with the online system.

(2) I asked if I could keep my card number and get a new card even though the replacement is considered a lost card. The answer was yes. They disabled the lost card so that it cannot be activated and will disable my current card when the new one is activated. 

Of course, before I can get off the phone, I was reminded I have an option to upgrade to the preferred card, and would receive a $150 SUB if I spend $1,000 in 3 months.

Message 8 of 10
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Could this also happen to new account? I approved on Monday and I can't create my account to check on when I will get my card until I get my permanent card...

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Could this also happen to new account? I approved on Monday and I can't create my account to check on when I will get my card until I get my permanent card...

I would suppose so, provided that it was not activated by someone other than you. They would be able to disable the lost card and ship another one with the same number. But you might have to ask for that option. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.