Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Restored No Preset Spending Limit on all my accounts

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Amex Restored No Preset Spending Limit on all my accounts

I checked, Amex restored no-preset spending limit to my personal Zync, Business Platinum and Business Plum Cards. Finally, all the accounts restored to orginal status after 12-13 months of having hard limits. I guess Amex does have a heart when they deal with customers. I have no complaints for now. I would be happy if they approve me a JetBlue Credit Card which I have been trying for last several months. May be they would approve it this time since all my accounts status is restored, might give them a motivation to approve me a JetBlue Card now. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Restored No Preset Spending Limit on all my accounts

Congrats ! That's great news ! Did these cards have a hard limit from the point in time they were opened ? Or did AMEX do a FR and decide to restrict your spending ability ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
Congrats ! That's great news ! Did these cards have a hard limit from the point in time they were opened ? Or did AMEX do a FR and decide to restrict your spending ability ?

I think it was last year around this time, they did FR and placed hard limits on my accounts. Even though they placed hard limits, it was still very generous amounts and lot higher than my monthly spending. Now after year or so they restored the preset spending limit back onto my accounts. I hope they will approve a JetBlue Card or do a PC of one of my cards to JetBlue Cards. Any way I have one JetBlue Application now with the status of processing. Let us see what happens in the next few days and see if they would actually approve it for me. I am thinking my chances of getting approval now are much better since all my accounts and limits were restored to normal levels.

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah I agree - I would think that you stand a good chance with them given your previous history, and the fact that they removed your hard limits.

Keep us posted on how it turns out !  Good luck !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They declined my jetBlue Application.

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

They declined my jetBlue Application.

I would Recon that!!

I was under the understanding that while any accounts had hard limits you could not be approved for additional cards, but I think some poeple had posted otherwise...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.