cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG Luxury! 100k bonus for $5k spend!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex SPG Luxury! 100k bonus for $5k spend!

SPG.jpg

The Amex SPG Luxury is live. 100k bonus for $5k spend. The 3 day window loophole is on until the 26th. 

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex SPG Luxury! 100k bonus for $5k spend!

Disappointing bonus IMO was hoping for 120-125k.  Even though already have will just stick with my business spg card and probably not nab the personal or this version of personal.  Obviosuly has a market for alot, just not me currently.. Like the spend bonuses on the business better

Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Disappointing bonus IMO was hoping for 120-125k.  Even though already have will just stick with my business spg card and probably not nab the personal or this version of personal.  Obviosuly has a market for alot, just not me currently.. Like the spend bonuses on the business better

Greedy Smiley Tongue  I think this one has my name on it

Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn’t find the card directly from americanexpress.com but the link from DoctorofCredit is working. He does state that the bonus is less than what was rumored it would be by 25k points and probably will go up in the future. However, for many of us this 3 day window is the only opportunity to grab the card.  The SUB is worth >$800 so nothing to sneeze at.  Hefty AF but if you stay at Starwood/Marriott locations, this card will be useful

Message 4 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for $10k.  Not great but already have lots of exposure with them.

Message 5 of 54
redpat
Senior Contributor

It's on Amex website now.  100k for 5k is steep and if you have Amex plat this card offers nothing.  The $300 credit cannot be used for room cost and the only meal I eat at a Hotel restaurant is breakfast and I don't have to prepay $300 for breakfast with Hilton, lol! 

I'd rather save $450 than get a free night.  This card should of offered Plat Elite status some how,  maybe by getting rid of the $300 credit.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 6 of 54
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for $10k.  Not great but already have lots of exposure with them already.

Nice Quickdrawirish....That happened w/ my Hilton card and when I did get the card I requested a CLI to 20k and did get approved.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved for $10k.  Not great but already have lots of exposure with them already.

Nice Quickdrawirish....That happened w/ my Hilton card and when I did get the card I requested a CLI to 20k and did get approved.

I’ll try that when the card arrives.  Just talked to frontline CSR?

Message 8 of 54
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@redpat wrote:

I'd rather save $450 than get a free night.  This card should of offered Plat Elite status some how,  maybe by getting rid of the $300 credit.

That'll never happen anytime soon. It's clear from the changes that Marriott is marketing towards the people who actually stay at their hotels and not just get automatic status through cards (AMEX Platinum and RC). Throw me in the group that is slightly disappointed in the inital SUB though even if I wasn't going to fresh app this card. I would have figured at least initially it would have been at the minimum 125k considering the hefty AF that comes with it.

Message 9 of 54
wingennis
Valued Contributor

I've never had a hotel card because I'm pretty hotel agnostic but this card seems dissappointing.  I expected something closer to the Hilton Aspire which has benefits that would justify having it even with the Platinum if I stayed at Hilton properties.  I do like to stay at Ritz-Carlton...Maybe someone can tell me what I'm missing here?  What is worth the $450?

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.