cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG Luxury! 100k bonus for $5k spend!

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: Amex SPG Luxury! 100k bonus for $5k spend!

I have an upgrade offer: 15,000 point for $1,000 spend. I was not interested in upgrading (or applying). This offer is not at all enticing to me.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 41 of 54
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

There was no upgrade offer for me. I called to double check. I’m assuming that the offers are for either low spend customers and/or people with upcoming renewals who may or may not be retention risks. On the bright side, 12 hours later...

6DC3EA7A-AFD9-4D9E-B7C4-59D3BBA5AFF0.jpeg

Message 42 of 54
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

All good things, K...
Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if you get an upgrade offer after August 26th will you get the bonus if you already have a Chase Marriott card.  

@Felony_Phil
Message 44 of 54
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@sunkissed wrote:

I have an upgrade offer: 15,000 point for $1,000 spend. I was not interested in upgrading (or applying). This offer is not at all enticing to me.

I have the offer to upgrade on my personal SPG but not with a spend bonus.  If I had that offer I'd be all over it.  Here's to hoping they toss that offer my way...

Message 45 of 54
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I recently got the old Chase Marriott card before they changed it and have SPG business and had just closed SPG personal, so I was one of the ones that had to decide quickly in this small window. I went for it, showed pre-approval and was given a $29900 starting limit (odd number!).

I am a small business owner - can I use this card as a 'business' card if I use it solely for business purposes?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 46 of 54
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditJim there is absolutely no issue with using your own personal card for business purposes.  And Amex is actually okay with the reverse (using business cards for personal use), which is not true among all lenders.  Combined with your SPG Biz card, that should be a powerful earning combo!  Congrats on the approval.  That's like a BoA credit line, though.  If it were me, I'd move $100 from another credit line but you mentioned you closed the SPG personal and I don't see any other personal Amex cards.  (You can move biz to biz, personal to personal, and personal to biz, but not biz to personal.)

Message 47 of 54
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

I have the offer to upgrade on my personal SPG but not with a spend bonus.  If I had that offer I'd be all over it.  Here's to hoping they toss that offer my way...

I wish I could transfer my offer to you! Hopefully you will get an even better offer. Good luck!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 48 of 54
CantSmashThis
Established Member

I just got an offer in my email for a 125k SUB for $5k spend. But I have the Amex Plat and with only Gold status and no hotel lounge access + I'm not much of a hotel loyalist makes this not seem as tempting to me Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 54
iced
Valued Contributor

I'm sure this has been covered already, but the offer looks to be variable:

pic.png

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.