Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Amex SPG

I travel a lot for work and have stayed at Starwood properties in the past.  So last night I get an email from Starwood indicating "By Invitation Only" asking me to apply for the Amex SPG card to get the 30,000 Starwood points.  Has anyone else received this offer?  I applied for the Amex Everyday card and was denied dye to my BK about two months ago. 

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

Re: Amex SPG

I have not received it, but several at FT have.  It seems like a pretty good deal if you are wanting the SPG card - though I don't know how the BK will affect you on that end.

Message 2 of 19
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I got it as well. If I knew I would be getting the bonus it would be tempting. Amex stiffed me on my PRG bonus last year for being an existing card member so I will probably let this pass.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 19
Rackham94
Established Contributor

I am contemplating about this offer as well Smiley Sad((

can you transfer Membership Points to SPG Points?

Message 4 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

I am contemplating about this offer as well Smiley Sad((

can you transfer Membership Points to SPG Points?

I think its something like 3:1 MR to SPG not the best ratio imo. I would transfer to an common alliance partner you are wanting to fly ? 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 19
dilettante
Established Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

I travel a lot for work and have stayed at Starwood properties in the past.  So last night I get an email from Starwood indicating "By Invitation Only" asking me to apply for the Amex SPG card to get the 30,000 Starwood points.  Has anyone else received this offer?  I applied for the Amex Everyday card and was denied dye to my BK about two months ago. 

I got the email offer last night. it said "apply four days early" so I assume it's going to go public in a few days.  According to past threads, this bumped up bonus usually occurs toward end of summer every year, so I guess they decided to offer the 30K early.

I applied this morning and got instant decision for 20K CL. I don't stay at too many Starwood properties, so will use the bonus to top off airline accounts. Not a bad deal since they give 6 months to spend 5k for 20k points and 10k after first purchase, as well as AF waived 1st year.

Message 6 of 19
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@dilettante wrote:

@NYFan63 wrote:

I got the email offer last night. it said "apply four days early" so I assume it's going to go public in a few days.  According to past threads, this bumped up bonus usually occurs toward end of summer every year, so I guess they decided to offer the 30K early.

I applied this morning and got instant decision for 20K CL. I don't stay at too many Starwood properties, so will use the bonus to top off airline accounts. Not a bad deal since they give 6 months to spend 5k for 20k points and 10k after first purchase, as well as AF waived 1st year.

Congrats!  I want this one so bad, but I have to wait until January Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'll be looking for my email. I have a mtg that will age off in Aug and thought this promo would arrive just in time.  The backdating will take care of the mtg dropping off

Message 8 of 19
NYFan63
Established Contributor

thanks guys! 

@dilettante - do you mind me asking your credit scores? Just curious...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 9 of 19
newUser0
Established Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

I got this email too. This is like 5K more points than the public offer.

You have a good line up of cards. In my opinion, after the previous denial, you chance at this may look bit slim.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.