Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex.,Sears, Chase, etc. apps Approved

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Amex.,Sears, Chase, etc. apps Approved

HI everyone.  The information from all of you on this board has been so sweet.Smiley Very Happy

In about the past 10 days since my mortgage funded and closed I have apped and been approved for all of the cards I wanted to round out my credit profile. 

CU $4k Line of credit

Home Depot $15k

Sears Mastercard $10k

Costco Amex $3.5K

Chase Slate $5K althogh was initially denied, but called recon right away.  I was denied for several inquiries most of which were from my mortgage loan.  Was offered $4k, but asked to be reconsidered for $7.5.  A no go, but then offered the $5k. I'LL TAKE ITSmiley Wink

Time to hit the garden and let these blossom.  This time last year my credit was in the mid 600's and the low 700's by the time I joined myfico.  Thank you all for all your input  in each of the threads to help me get to where I am now. 

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: Post Mortgage Amex.,Sears, Chase, etc. apps approved

I guess the previous title  "NEW prime cards In the past week and a half or so" was unclear???Smiley Surprised

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 2 of 6
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

congrats those cards will definitely grow with you!

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 3 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hey. Thanks for the supportSmiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Feels good when you see progress being made! 

I've been pretty good when it came to knowing credit basics but I've also learned a lot here over the last 6 weeks. Little things here and there add up.

Message 5 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Pozativelyliving Yes, it does feel good.  I am so very excited about the recent approvals.  Before I had mostly GE and store cards. Only one of my limits was above $5k and it was a store card.  I am still trying to absorb it all.

All I knew about credit was ... if you pay your bills on time; It will be good.   The things I learned on here over the last few months have put me on the road on how to obtain  a mortgage and excellent credit.  Way too excitedSmiley LOL

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.