Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Select & Pay Later APR

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex Select & Pay Later APR

Does the Select & Pay Later APR vary or is it set at ~18% for everyone ? My APR on my other two Amex accounts are 10% and 16%, so I was hoping I could get the APR on the charge card feature lowered, if anyone has experience with this.  I guess I'm just wanting to know what others APR's are for this feature before I poke the beast.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Select & Pay Later APR

Hi.  I have never used my amex charge's pay over time feature so take this with a grain of salt.

If you have AMEX revolvers use them first.  They are much more flexable. 

Message 2 of 5
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i registered my pr gold ONLY for extended payment option and NOT select and pay later to receive the 5k point bonus and to experiment with it, thus fullfilling my curiosity ever since i was young, if it would ever be possible to revolve a balance on a gold. revolved the balance for a month, payed in full, redeemed points via hhonors exchange and then closed my gold card. now i can always say i had a gold card at one time.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 5
Ron1
Super Contributor

No, it is only to the select group of cardmembers. I never used it.  I have it on both of my Green and PR Gold.  18% is not a good rate to carry balance. Use credit union credit card is much lower than that.

Ron.

Message 4 of 5
n777ua
Established Contributor

I use select & pay later on large purchases I want the MR points for, I'd say I use it maybe once or twice a year. I last used it when I bought a MacBook Pro and my account was still a plat, and I got 6x points (I think) for the purchase, then paid for it over 3 months.

The only thing to watch for is, in the fine print, when you move a charge over, interest starts accruing -immediately-, so if you do plan to use it, don't move your charge over until the day before your statement cuts.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.