Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex - Shifting Credit Limits

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex - Shifting Credit Limits

Just to add another data point, I'll confirm that you can reallocate personal-to-personal, business-to-business, or business-to-personal on one card with a minimum of 30 days between requests (for calendar purposes, use 31 days).  The $500 vs $1000 minimum is profile-dependent, and any existing charges or authorizations will increase that amount.  There does not seem to be a rule that cards must be x months old prior to moving limits as of at least a few years ago; I have moved limits to and from new cards with no issues.

Message 21 of 27
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

DW gets approved for Anything  she wants from Amex, but has been turned down on reallocation each and every time

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 22 of 27
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

DW gets approved for Anything  she wants from Amex, but has been turned down on reallocation each and every time

Do they give any reasons?  

Message 23 of 27
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I shred the letters without opening. 
I do remember one saying she had to wait 13 months. (It was phrased differently).

It's been almost 24 now and denied again.

It's not a big deal, but my point is that it's not a given that it can get done.

I have never had an ounce of trouble with Chase, but DW had her Chase accounts shut down. You just never know

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 24 of 27
I_Love_Cards
Regular Contributor

@woodyman100 wrote:

I do remember one saying she had to wait 13 months. (It was phrased differently).

It's been almost 24 now and denied again.

It's not a big deal, but my point is that it's not a given that it can get done.

I have never had an ounce of trouble with Chase, but DW had her Chase accounts shut down. You just never know

Thank you.  I was asking because I was genuinely curious as to the reasons given.  I have another CL move planned, but am making use of a 0% BT offer (on a different AMEX card that won't be involved) and was curious (since my usage is higher on that card) if the reasons given were related to happenings with her accounts/status/AR, logistics (like too soon/not leaving enough on donor card, business to personal, etc), or Amex musings/moon phases/etc.  

So I was asking to see if my higher UT on that card (or something else) might make my pending move a no go.  

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100 wrote:

I should try that.

One month of mail, with everything set to paperless.

IMG_2723.jpeg34684020-2768-4068-91D4-7E38D6723FC4.jpeg

Message 26 of 27
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@woodyman100 wrote:

I should try that.

One month of mail, with everything set to paperless.

IMG_2723.jpeg34684020-2768-4068-91D4-7E38D6723FC4.jpeg

Lol. I have done this so long that I'm Carnac the magnificent when the mail comes😂

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.