Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Simplycash

tag
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Amex Simplycash

I have been in garden mode for a bit now (4 1/2 months) and I cracked and app'd for the Amex SimplyCash Biz card. I currently have Green charge card--this card is about 8 months old-- so my application was shorter and figured I had a chance for approval. No dice, got a 8 day wait notification, but an hour later had a email stating I was denied. My Fico score they gave me was 709. Guess they are very stingy on anything that doesn't carry a annual fee... I wonder why... Credit history too short, too many recent inquiries (5 i think), and loan balance to limit too high (not sure what thats about, I only have a car loan that was refinanced about 5 months ago. My credit utilization is 1%).

Guess its back to the garden for me, that 3% on gas seemed really nice too! ;((( 

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Simplycash

@xboxrunner wrote:

I have been in garden mode for a bit now (4 1/2 months) and I cracked and app'd for the Amex SimplyCash Biz card. I currently have Green charge card--this card is about 8 months old-- so my application was shorter and figured I had a chance for approval. No dice, got a 8 day wait notification, but an hour later had a email stating I was denied. My Fico score they gave me was 709. Guess they are very stingy on anything that doesn't carry a annual fee... I wonder why... Credit history too short, too many recent inquiries (5 i think), and loan balance to limit too high (not sure what thats about, I only have a car loan that was refinanced about 5 months ago. My credit utilization is 1%).

Guess its back to the garden for me, that 3% on gas seemed really nice too! ;((( 

I always assumed that  also. Not sure how accurate that is.

Message 2 of 8
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@xboxrunner wrote:

I always assumed that  also. Not sure how accurate that is.

I would suppose they make more money off the annual fee cards, thus making the free ones harder to get. Gardening gets lonely you know? Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

When you say not sure what they mean by utilization being high because I only have car loan... Does that mean you only have the Amex green and Car Loan? No other credit cards?

Message 4 of 8
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I have a USAA Mastercard, Chase Freedom Visa, Citi Dividend Visa, Alliant Visa, Orchard Mastercard as well. They are all in good standing (no derogs), and my utilization is only around 1% (I pay everything off monthly).

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Simply Cash is a Business-line credit card and in my experience as a small business owner, AMEX can be picky/pickier when it comes to Business credit card applications especially if you're not really applying as a business owner.

I was apping for their Business True Earnings card for my business and even though I had my business set up as its own entity/existence and whatever else and has established some trade lines (not much, but still it was some!),  AMEX STILL wanted my SSN and my other personal information to pull first from the credit bureau to check for creditworthiness in addition to checking for my business creditworthiness.

Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amex does not care about your business or it's credit... they only care about Personal Credit... Try for recon, otherwise maybe start with a charge card for the business or else the new Chase Ink Business cards but they seem almost impossible to be approved for!

Message 7 of 8
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

I'm going to start using my Amex Green card more and try again in a few months. The free Fico score was nice, at least I know what my EX Fico is now.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.