Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Soft Pull (Pre-Screen) Response - Baffled By It

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Soft Pull (Pre-Screen) Response - Baffled By It

This is not a system error.

This is the message that they give to people who will not qualify for a card as yet.

My friends and I all used the same laptop when we applied for amex...2 of us got the message, the other girl didn't (she was approved for a Amex blue).

What are your scores? I think that message is just a nice way to say.....sorry you don't qualify as yet.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering. I opted out a few years ago and was still listed as being pre-approved for an AMEX Gold Card. I remember receiving pre-approval offers from AMEX years ago for the same card.

Message Edited by jessep28 on 08-03-2008 02:17 PM
Message 12 of 13
jbh
Established Contributor

This site wouldn't let me access my TU and EXP scores (EX purchase told me they can't verify my identity)

But my EQ Fico was 638 BEFORE my Util went down this month and before my Crown Jewelers $2500 limit gets posted. So thankfully this was just a soft pull teaser. I'll wait a few months before my util and new account is posted and hope my EX can jump up.

Of course, I need to SEE My EXP to know how much work it needs. Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.