Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Special Card Offers

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Amex Special Card Offers

I applied for the Delta Skymiles Gold Amex in June and was denied. My mother recently app'd for the same card and was approved and added my sister and I as AU's. While setting up my online account I noticed the 'Special Offers' tab and decided to see what would happen after I entered my info-the Starwood Amex came up with a note saying special offer ends 11/30/09. Is this a GENERAL offer or is it encouraging me to apply- I am not interested in getting the card-wanted to wait till next year and try again for an AMEX on my own and possibly add my sis and Mom as AU's. My EXP score is now at 705 w/ a 1 yr. old pd. collection, and pd. tax lien that falls off next year.
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Amex Special Card Offers

I wouldn't take this as a guarantee. YMMV, of course.

anderl wrote:

... I am not interested in getting the card-wanted to wait till next year and try again for an AMEX on my own and possibly add my sis and Mom as AU's.

That's the important thing. This isn't the right time in your plan to get this card. Don't let yourself be swayed by online offers and buzz on the CC forum and ads on TV. Just do what's right for you.

It isn't going anywhere. Stick to your plan, and when the time comes, you'll be in even better shape, and you'll wind up with a better deal (APR, CL, etc.)

I know, I get curious about whether I could get this, that, and the other, too, but I've seen enough damage on my own accounts from lowering my AAoA by apping that I try to be very judicious these day.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
anderl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Special Card Offers

I agree-Thank YouSmiley Happy!
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.