Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Spring 4ward referral bonus

tag
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

Amex Spring 4ward referral bonus

Cheers everyone!

I saw this offer on my Gold card, that if I refer a friend, I can get 30000 MR and friend gets additional $200 in furniture stores. I could not avoid temptation and sent a link to DH (he was already AU on my Gold card). I was wondering could we get this bonus because of it?

Yes we did!!!!!!!!!!! 
My 30000 MR arrived today! So happy with Amex Smiley Happy

This is just fantastic and this is my first Amex bonus earned ever. Now we are working on 3 cards welcome bonuses. 

I just wanted to share that this Spring 4ward offer is so great value. Jump on it if you can. It ends May 5th. I wish I could refer DH again to apply for a second card for him but my terms say this offer can be redeemed only once. 

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

TCL: $72,900
INQs in last (6 m./12 m.)
EX (2/2) | EQ (0/2) | TU (0/1)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Spring 4ward referral bonus

Btw my Gold card finally reported to CBs after the first statement. My EX Fico score didn't go down! I thought it would damage the score but no Smiley Happy 

Two HPs from 2 Amex card apps in the same day still didn't combine (Gold and BCE).

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

Message 2 of 14
Azza
Regular Contributor

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

Btw my Gold card finally reported to CBs after the first statement. My EX Fico score didn't go down! I thought it would damage the score but no Smiley Happy 

Two HPs from 2 Amex card apps in the same day still didn't combine (Gold and BCE).

Wow, that is awesome to hear. Congratulations on your bonus!

What are you going to do with it?

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 3 of 14
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

@Azza Thank you! 
Well I am planning to wait for +60000 and then redeem to the airfare. As I see all others options are not good...

I mostly excited about $200 at home furnishing stores Smiley Happy 

I wonder can I actually refer to DH again from my second card? I have the similar offer on BCE card too. He might gets approved for a second card too. Do you know?
Don't feel comfortable to ask about it in Amex chat 💬 Anybody can tell me guys?

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

Message 4 of 14
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

Another question I have - about Amex charge cards reporting. My Gold reported a balance that should increase my total Utilization a lot. I had 3% before Gold reported, and now it's still 3% on EX. Is it normal for the charge cards? They don't effect Utilization at all? 

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

Message 5 of 14
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

And one more question: I added one Amex offer to my card. Made a purchase in this store. Was supposed to be 3% cash back. Transaction is processed now and I see MR points for it, but at normal 1x. Is cash back from offer arriving later? Is it normal for Amex offers?

I would appreciate if someone can reply! 

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

Message 6 of 14
micvite
Frequent Contributor

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

And one more question: I added one Amex offer to my card. Made a purchase in this store. Was supposed to be 3% cash back. Transaction is processed now and I see MR points for it, but at normal 1x. Is cash back from offer arriving later? Is it normal for Amex offers?

Yeah you should be seeing a statement credit sometime in the next 30 days for the cash back.

Ex: 742, TU: 726, EQ: 733 03/31/2021
Discover it cashback: $10900
Citi DC: $13000
WF Propel: closed 2k
Amex BCED: $3000
Amex Gold: $NPSL
Amex Plat: NPSL
Cap1 QS: $3200
Cap1 VX $50k
VS CC: $2900
Kohls: $3000
Synchrony car care: $3000
citi best buy visa: $8500
Message 7 of 14
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

Another question I have - about Amex charge cards reporting. My Gold reported a balance that should increase my total Utilization a lot. I had 3% before Gold reported, and now it's still 3% on EX. Is it normal for the charge cards? They don't effect Utilization at all? 

That is correct.  They will just report the statement balance, but it doesn't factor into utilization.  There is no credit limit to factor the balance against.

Message 8 of 14
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@micvite wrote:

@rudolphreindeer wrote:

Yeah you should be seeing a statement credit sometime in the next 30 days for the cash back.

+1

Message 9 of 14
rudolphreindeer
Regular Contributor

Thank you @TampaBAY86 and @micvite ! I actually added this offer to my card and the purchase was made on AU card, so may be I ll loose this one, but it's ok. 
Good to know that charge cards don't hit Utilization!

Got another question 🙋‍♀️ I will write new topic for it 👩‍💻 

FICO® Score 8 (Apr 2021)
EX 764 | EQ 771 | TU 800

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.