Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Starwood

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Starwood

What is the pre-requisite for this card. Would a 750 fico score and an income of 115,000 be enough? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Starwood

A little more info. Income to debt is below 1%. I currently have 3 cards with a CL of $5313. Utilazation is 400/5313 or 7.25%. No late payments in 2.5 years. 3 -30 day late payments in 2007 and earlier. 
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me AMEX has always been sketchy. In the past I had applied for a Plat card with them online and was instantly denied. I called up the next day and applied over the phone and was instantly approved.

More recently I applied for a Costco Amex card. Been with AMEX since 2000, I've had a plat card with them in the past which I downgraded to a gold card, never been late with anything, FICO's 760+, income $250K +, and I was denied.

Since Amex has their own little internal scoring system I think it's difficult to say. My experience has been it's a total crap shoot.

P.S. Amex is one of the companies I'm moving away from as they seem so **bleep** inconsistent with their policies. Customer service has also been spotty for me lately.  

Message 3 of 4
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Any prior AMEX experience, or current holder of another AMEX card?  Your income is fine and FICO is good, but prior lates could be problematic with AMEX.  I got a Starwood card about 4 years ago, instant approval online for a large CL, but I was already a Gold Card holder for 25 years before that so that greased the skids.  I'd say you have 50/50 chance of getting approved.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.