Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Student Card

tag
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Amex Student Card

Hi i was wondering if there is the option to have a co-signer on some of the amex cards
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Student Card

shyboy wrote:
Hi i was wondering if there is the option to have a co-signer on some of the amex cards

There are options to app jointly- but I don't think it is the same as a cosigner. Each person would have to qualify on their own merit.
Message 2 of 7
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No- Amex does not do "joint" accounts.

You can have as many AU's as you want.

If you know of such an Amex card- please post a link.

netpanther wrote:

shyboy wrote:

There are options to app jointly- but I don't think it is the same as a cosigner. Each person would have to qualify on their own merit.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Student cards are harder to qualify for then their regular counterparts.

With a 613 - I would try for the regular Delta card

To my knowledge- Amex does not have "joint" accounts/

shyboy wrote:

Message 5 of 7
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

By the end of the summer i will apply. Right now im currently using 60% of total credit and should have it paid by the September. Hope to be in the 700's club by then. Wish me luck cause im going to need it.
Message 6 of 7
Allen123
Established Member

Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I just wanted to point out that the AMEX Student card is no longer listed on their website, and most of the credit card advertisers on the web don't list Blue for Students either. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.