Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Upgrade Question

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Upgrade Question

Ok, my bad. Thanks for clarifying @Anonymous. I just didn't see the HH Aspire card as that type of product, but the others are more in line with regard to the CARD Act.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the hilton ascend 3 days ago & got a 45k SL. So , something might b wrong with your report that Amex does not like ?
Message 12 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@furthur wrote:

I've tried a few times over the past year. I had a serious delinquincy a couple years ago that they do not like.

I have a Gold Delta Skymiles card that was approved the same day last year, also at 1k limit.

@FinStar wrote:

When it comes to [AmEx] revolver upgrades, the CL technically remains the same.  When did you last submit or request for a CLI?  If you had submitted any in the past, what was the reason for the decline?  Is this your only AmEx revolver?

Are you aware of the 90-day-from-decline rule? Amex has all these rules about CLI requests. One is that you can't get a CLI until 91 days after you've been declined for a CLI.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar, agreed completely and I should’ve differentiated more clearly up above. No I’m definitely a fan of Amex and don’t view them that way at all Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@furthur wrote:

I've tried a few times over the past year. I had a serious delinquincy a couple years ago that they do not like.

If possible, i would try to get those taken off with some Goodwill letters. 

Message 15 of 18
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Yes please let us know your update. I'm thinking about getting the Ascend and then upgrading to the Aspire after 1 year. Hopefully an upgrade offer will be in the system by the time i'm ready. 

Also concerned that my thin profile will not get me the Ascend. My stats are below. No negatives on profile. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

Yes please let us know your update. I'm thinking about getting the Ascend and then upgrading to the Aspire after 1 year. Hopefully an upgrade offer will be in the system by the time i'm ready. 

Also concerned that my thin profile will not get me the Ascend. My stats are below. No negatives on profile. 

Only way to find out is go check Amex Pre qualify for offers. 

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this one of the cards where Amex will give you the Card Number and a temporary CVV to use online and on devices? If so you can sign in to your account and determine if they gave you an increased credit limit.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.