Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Woes

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Woes

There's nothing up. AMEX is nuts. SOCKDRAWER.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the wittiness of this board. lol.

Anyway, I don't know why I love Amex, but I just do. Maybe it's because I have a set pattern of how I use my Amex card? Who knows. It's better to use an Amex in public for mild purchases such as dinner, movies, minor mall shopping time with friends, etc. I guess it's just the cool thing or whatever. If you have an Amex in Ohio where I live, you're automatically Mr. Top Notch. So that's why I recirculated my cards around so Amex Blue can be my minor spending card, and Crap1 is for my minor music buys on iTunes. As for my highest limit card, that's for the large purchases such as plane tickets, electronics, furniture, etc. And other cards I have circulated once in a while so they don't go inactive. =D
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

jizoe182 wrote:

Anyway, I don't know why I love Amex, but I just do. Maybe it's because I have a set pattern of how I use my Amex card? Who knows. It's better to use an Amex in public for mild purchases such as dinner, movies, minor mall shopping time with friends, etc. I guess it's just the cool thing or whatever. If you have an Amex in Ohio where I live, you're automatically Mr. Top Notch. So that's why I recirculated my cards around so Amex Blue can be my minor spending card, and Crap1 is for my minor music buys on iTunes. As for my highest limit card, that's for the large purchases such as plane tickets, electronics, furniture, etc. And other cards I have circulated once in a while so they don't go inactive. =D

Smiley Very Happy  With the lending crunch and the current state of the stock market because of it, wouldn't be surprised if yu started getting F/Rs for your frapppucinos
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Very Happy With the lending crunch and the current state of the stock market because of it, wouldn't be surprised if yu started getting F/Rs for your frapppucinos

Yeah that would be embarrassing, but it's a risk I'm willing to take... Smiley Sad
I'll just let them have it when I get home to call them. Hmph!

I don't know when or what time of the day these FRs start, but I usually check all my accounts before I start going out and using them. Just in case there are some changes I don't know about.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get this....I couldn't MAKE this stuff up....

After all my posting....I check my accounts Friday night just for entertainment value, and guess what....red-flagged AGAIN!!!

I called, quite PO'd (4th time in one day), and they advised my account had been flagged for review.....AGAIN. Then the rep advises me..."we can see that you submitted your documentation earlier this month, so let me talk to a supervisor and we can waive this review since you've already done one."

Today, I checked and they were clear.

Except for the $38 late fee they charged me....when my last payment was made the day after statement closing, i.e., 2 weeks early. So I emailed India about that. This outfit is about this|close to getting a boot in the back 9. Who needs the aggrevation. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I did not see this until I vented on "What's so special about AmEx.  I did not inted to upset or hurt anyone who has an account with AmEx.  Those were merly my own expressions and I only hope that you will stand up to what you feel is right.  After all, this is the "land of the free, and the home of the brave".  o.k., I'll stop with the patronage.  Thank you all again for helping someone trying to improve and learn about their credit obligations.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.