Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ZYNC as first card?

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex ZYNC as first card?

Nepotism at it's finest!

lol just kidding man! good for you, but you should be able to easily get this card. Don't get intimidated by some of the people here. The Zync is like the Capital One of cards in American Express's credit products (ez approval ratio, but great customer service and average rewards).

Message 21 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

You could always just call customer service and ask them what they think... You can even name drop, tell them who your uncle is, and that he carries the AMEX Centurion, ask them about secured credit products with just to get you going.  Explain that you would rather deal with a company with good customer service and loyalty....  butter them up and go for the kill Smiley Happy  If you're going to be in pharmacuetical sales this will be good practice at not taking no for an answer.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

You could always just call customer service and ask them what they think... You can even name drop, tell them who your uncle is, and that he carries the AMEX Centurion, ask them about secured credit products with just to get you going.  Explain that you would rather deal with a company with good customer service and loyalty....  butter them up and go for the kill Smiley Happy  If you're going to be in pharmacuetical sales this will be good practice at not taking no for an answer.

Lol I really doubt Centurion would get someone in just by naming it. Remember, the card means nothing to them. There just an average person on a set wage dealing with hundreds of calls a day. At the end of the day, a computer is going to make the descision. Even on manual review, a computer was used after talking to a rep. I apped for zync with no history and was denied. This is when I first found this place and learned a lot since then.

Message 23 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Lol I really doubt Centurion would get someone in just by naming it. Remember, the card means nothing to them. There just an average person on a set wage dealing with hundreds of calls a day. At the end of the day, a computer is going to make the descision. Even on manual review, a computer was used after talking to a rep. I apped for zync with no history and was denied. This is when I first found this place and learned a lot since then.

Duh I missed the part earlier where they said they denied you with no history.. In that case, maybe the OP should call and speak with a CSR about the secured option??

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im not sure that you can request secured, but it cant hurt to ask. Best of luck! Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 26
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I'd say apply for a CC wherever you bank. They already have a history with you and would be more likely to offer you a CC. My first CC was with BOA. I got a Student Platinum Plus with a $600 CL. Not bad for someone with no credit history whatsoever and little income.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.