Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Approval!

tag
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Approval!

Thanks for all of the info RyVision! It is very, very helpful. Hopefully I can just use my AMEX, pay it off, and never have any trouble! Smiley Happy

I'd like to think I'm a little more financially savvy than most people my age, or most in general. My personal cards have no balances, I always PIF. But I am an AU on several of my parents' accounts, and they're not all paid in full...but I think they help rather than hurt, as they give my AAoA a HUGE boost and they all have fairly high CL's. I think the oldest account I have is a Chase one of my parents, opened in like 1982...I was born in 1991! Smiley Very Happy

As for my own debt, I do have student loans. All in deferment, all in good standing. Other than that, I'm clean!

Photobucket
Message 31 of 35
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Thanks for all of the info RyVision! It is very, very helpful. Hopefully I can just use my AMEX, pay it off, and never have any trouble! Smiley Happy

I'd like to think I'm a little more financially savvy than most people my age, or most in general. My personal cards have no balances, I always PIF. But I am an AU on several of my parents' accounts, and they're not all paid in full...but I think they help rather than hurt, as they give my AAoA a HUGE boost and they all have fairly high CL's. I think the oldest account I have is a Chase one of my parents, opened in like 1982...I was born in 1991! Smiley Very Happy

As for my own debt, I do have student loans. All in deferment, all in good standing. Other than that, I'm clean!

Sounds like  you picked up your handbook early and read it lol.  The Amex is the one that has to be paid off fully though, so it's really like a plastic version of cash. Somehow I think if you did have a a small money emergency (like books or a car fix maybe) you'd use a credit card if you had to and have it paid off within 2 or 3 months at the most (actually, I wouldn't be shocked if you had a good emergency fund already set aside).

I ususally worry about people your age racking up balances over un-necesary things that are often small but add up faster than they realize.  You really don't sound like the type to do that. 

I'm impressed, keep up the good work. You actually sound like one of the few people your age who (if you qualifed) could get a 20k (example) NFCU card and have the will power to put it in a safety deposit box and use it for a tank a gas every 3 months or something, if that. 

With the info you gave, I don't think you have to worry too much about being FR'd by Amex, esp if you don't click the check spending limit button. They'll probably be offering you other cards soon actually lol. (you have your member since date now, and good AAoA, so you don't need another Amex yet btw, if you did get anything else, you'd be better off with a no AF card if you added any, IMHO).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 32 of 35
DM6410
Regular Contributor

Excellent post RyVision!

I was just poking around reading some of the AMEX post since I wish that I still had mine (AMEX took it back about a year after they loaned it to me abt 18 yrs ago - hey what did I konw, I was an 18yr old irresponsible kid enjoying charging sprees LOL!) Very wise education presented, thank you.

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved for Zync!

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.