Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Zync Denied

Hey guys, I just applied for AMEX Zync. They denied me. With boa they reconsidered me and got approved. Can Amex reconsider when I give them a call? Or is it all done by computer system and there is no ways to reconsider? I am so curious at the moment. Someone please help!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Denied

Any idea why AMEX denied? They can always be called about a recon if you can present a good case etc.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 17
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, I just applied for AMEX Zync. They denied me. With boa they reconsidered me and got approved. Can Amex reconsider when I give them a call? Or is it all done by computer system and there is no ways to reconsider? I am so curious at the moment. Someone please help!

Amex will not recon unless the reasons for your denial have changed. They're not like Barclay's, where you can explain why something is the way it is. Many have posted about this, and they just don't do it. I supposed it couldn't hurt you to try, but that's what I've read here by others who have tried. It appears that's just their policy.

Also, FYI, any app for the next 30 days will automatically be voided, so if you decide you want to re-apply, you need to wait at least 30 days.

Your best bet is to address their reasons in their letter and then re-apply in the future. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

RyVision. What do you mean by recon?

I have one collection which is bit old and a few inquiries. They said my credit score is low.. still mid 600s XD. 

recon meaning reconsidering?

Message 4 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one collection which is bit old and a few inquiries. They said my credit score is low.. still mid 600s XD. 

Recon = Reconsider.

If you have a collection with a score in the mid 600s, a recon with AMEX would only work if what they're looking at on your report is not what YOU'RE looking at on your report. Like a good account not reporting or the collection being paid when they're seeing it as not paid etc.

Bichonmom is right about the recon process with AMEX. They only recon if something either changes or is different (which is like a change, as you can fax them the report you're seeing, they could have one that's older etc).  You can not however explain away they're reason for denial any other way.  That's why I asked if you knew the reasons for the denial.

If at some point that collection is removed from your report (or falls off etc), then you could probably apply and be approved if the rest of your report meets their criteria.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info both of you guys,

I have another question for you. I've heard that sometimes AMEX will ask for IRS and something else (iforget). Is that true and what situations will they ask for those documents? 

Message 6 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

There is no way to reconsider if the info. they denyed you on is accurate.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 17
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the info both of you guys,

I have another question for you. I've heard that sometimes AMEX will ask for IRS and something else (iforget). Is that true and what situations will they ask for those documents? 

That would be a Financial Review from what I can figure, AKA "FR" which you'll see here from time to time.  It's a process they go through to verify what you told them on your application is accurate, like income, source, investments etc.  You only have to deal with one if you get approved by AMEX and it's rather rare. It's a headache but if the info matches what they review there's usually no problem.  There is no certain way to avoid it or trigger it (the FR).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 17
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

what does your credit report look like? any collections? serious delinquencies? and what's your FICO score?

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was this their only stated reason for denial or did they list any other reasons ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.