Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync Hard Limit CLI

tag
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Amex Zync Hard Limit CLI

I have a question that seems to have never been answered before....... i was just approved for an Amex Zync with a hard limit of $500 w/autopay. Given the fact that Amex does CLI after the 61st day of opening a new account & then every 6 months after that would that be the case with my card too?

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Zync Hard Limit CLI

I am no AmEx expert, I was just let in myself, but I would say your card would be in line for CLI so long as the account was well taken care of.
Message 2 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Since these hard set spending limits with the bank draft is a new deal no one really knows.  My guess is they won't increase the limit but will just move to NPSL with a good history.

Message 3 of 8
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Cain & Boomhower.... I appreciate the fast responses! I'm just happy to have my foot in the Amex door!!! 

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Lmbo, believe me, I know the feeling!
Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Definately call them at 6 months if they haven't changed your Zync to NPSL.   Assuming that you are making timely payments, then you should be good to go with asking them to remove the hard limit.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Unlike banks like HSBC, Cap1, Target that say your account is "reviewed monthly" and if you "qualify" we will increase your CL but nothing ever happens... When American Express places these hard limits, the date is in the computer when the account is going to be manually reviewed and they mean it... it will happen THAT DAY... I would give them a call once you get your card and ask rather that is 3,6,12 months or how this program is going to be treated vs regular accounts with hard limits.  I know when they put Hard Limit on the 2 charge accounts I had with them they were reviewed at 12 months

Message 7 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Although it doesn't get me any special treatment Smiley Sad  Having an "in" allows me to ask someone "off the record\clock" a question once in a while. The response was kinda:  "the zync? Eh, barring any unusual activity or red flags, usually would go to no pre-set in...., on average 6 months".

I asked before applying again because I thought I would be offered the HL again but wasn't (it glitched so I wasn't able to accept in time), got an instant NPSL on my second app 5 months later.

Hope that helps anyone who's wondering (it does not go to a higher HL, at least not when I asked about it, things can change however).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.