Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync - Whats so great about it?

tag
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Amex Zync - Whats so great about it?

I see everybody going gaga over Amex Zync and I'm just wondering whats so great about it? 

Is it just that it's fairly easy to get or is there more? 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync - Whats so great about it?

I don't see anyone going gaga over it per se.. There just happens to be more threads about it because it is the foot in the door card for American Express. AMEX used to be prime 680+ only, but this is one of the first times in recent memory that they've dipped their toes back into the semi-prime 620-680 market.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 14
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Easy way to get in the AMEX family. Low AF, and if the packs benefit your lifestyle, some extra perks. 

Plus its a cool white color that most people have not seen from AMEX. 

But the seperate customer service dept sucks!

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 3 of 14
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

This question has been answered ad nauseum. Please consider searching existing threads before starting a new one on such a frequently asked and extensively answered question.
In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 4 of 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

I see everybody going gaga over Amex Zync and I'm just wondering whats so great about it? 

Hey SpeedingWheels!  Welcome to the forums!

I personally like the Zync card because it's an opportunity to get in with Amex.  What does this mean?  Well the benefits are great.... backdating as you add new Amex cards to your porfolio so the sooner you are "in" the better. (if it is your intention to continue your relationship with Amex) ... Credit with an Prime lender that offers many different products... Low AF... Rewards based on your lifestyle... Easiest Amex to get (lower appproval requirements for those just starting out) and the customer service (though some might argue this point) Smiley Happy.

Don't mistake the easier lending standards for approval to mean = bad credit... if you have credit baddies... there is a strong likelihood that you will not be approved.  This card was designed to give those starting out with thin files an opportunity to grow with Amex.  

These are just my reasons... hope this helps.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 14
learnin113
Established Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

Do you actually see people going gaga or are they just happy to get their foot in the door with Amex?  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@learnin113 wrote:

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

Do you actually see people going gaga or are they just happy to get their foot in the door with Amex?  Smiley Indifferent

Its also an awesome tool to control UTL and learn good spending practices. Especailly if you are have a higher income level and rebuilding your credit, ITs the quckest way to get a 10K CL if you make 100k when others are giving you toy CL not more than 2k. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 7 of 14
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Soft pulls for any denial of future credit from amex is a nice perk. Also helpful in establishing member since date with amex for future backdating purposes, especially if your credit is borderline for any of their other products.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 8 of 14
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

if i apped for this card first before i did anything im sure i would have gotten a npsl but my aaoa dropped from 1.4 years to 7 months i believe now. 

to me its just having an amex. and obviously for establishing backdating. 

for me just turning 21 and getting an amex is something from a dream. 

its a charge that is linked to my checking for auto pay, so yeah. no chance for me to screw up there. 

what i like is if you apply for a card down the road its always a soft pull unless you get it. 

i wont be apping anytime soon but that's a good perk. 

also backdating and getting great customer service. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Low AF, can be linked to other charge card for better pts, way to get foot in Amex family, backdating goodness (mine got backdated to 1993-I hope), it looks really cool and it's the bombdiggity!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.