Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync, now BCE ???

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Zync, now BCE ???

If you have a credit history of 2 years+ you might be able to get CSP with low limits, but that's just my assumption.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 45
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I would apply for the BCE and wait for the CSP, maybe go for the Freedom first to build that relationship.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 45
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

My AAoA is at 3 years right now, oldest account over 11 years ago. I've had the chase freedom since August, and I've had a checking account with them for about 7 years.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 13 of 45
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I tried several times after getting my Zync to get the BCE, but kept getting denied. All the times my account was less than 6 months...then I went on a hiatus from credit, reapplied with my Zync being over a year old and was approved.

I would wait a good 6 months before applying for either the BCE or CSP.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 45
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I want to apply for the BCE too but unfortunately I have the Zync with the hard limit. :'(
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 15 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not certain that the hard limit Zync is a no fly zone for other applications anymore.  There were a few folks I believe who reported that was no longer the case after the card was discontinued.  It's worth taking a look at Amex posts from November or thereabouts.

As for length of history with Amex, we've had two recent people approved for BCP's with ~4 months history on Zyncs.  It's absolutely a YMMV thing, but I don't think there's a hard and fast rule when it comes ot Amex underwriting and their internal score calculations.  

Like others have said, if you get denied, 99.87% of the time it's just a SP anyway, and the other fraction of a percent is if you're a marginal application; however, after today I'm really going to have to rethink what's marginal when it comes to Amex and my own BCP laughable approval.

        
Message 16 of 45
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Laughable ??? How so ???

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 17 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Jayb5635 wrote:
Laughable ??? How so ???

650ish FICO approval, or at least similar since that's both my EQ and TU roughly and my EX report is nearly identical.

        
Message 18 of 45
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

Yeah definitely your income came into play, I would think. I make a little over 55k/year so I'm fairly confident in getting approved even if I have to call the back door number for chase to recon

Message 19 of 45
Anarchy
New Contributor

I say go for it.

Message 20 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.