Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Zync tops Platinum!!!

tag
hvacrsteve
Established Member

Re: Amex Zync tops Platinum!!!

If its from American Express it has to be a edited!

Expletives, overt or veiled, aren't allowed on here. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 31 of 46
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

So, I christened my Amex Zync this afternoon... and I LOVED the reaction I got! Smiley Very Happy The girl looked at the card and went, "Oooh... I've never seen one of these. Is it better than a Platinum?" LOVE it!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Of course, I'm honest, so I told her the truth. But still... her reaction to the card was GREAT!!! Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha! Isn't the best thing ever?! I remember being asked that at 'My Closet Italia' on Melrose and I feel bad but I totally went with the flow, and the worse part is I said, "It's just like the 'Black Card', it's just as exclusive." Smiley Very Happy

I know, I'm such a horrible person. Smiley Tongue

Message 32 of 46
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

So, I christened my Amex Zync this afternoon... and I LOVED the reaction I got! Smiley Very Happy The girl looked at the card and went, "Oooh... I've never seen one of these. Is it better than a Platinum?" LOVE it!!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Of course, I'm honest, so I told her the truth. But still... her reaction to the card was GREAT!!! Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha! Isn't the best thing ever?! I remember being asked that at 'My Closet Italia' on Melrose and I feel bad but I totally went with the flow, and the worse part is I said, "It's just like the 'Black Card', it's just as exclusive." Smiley Very Happy

I know, I'm such a horrible person. Smiley Tongue

Love it! Maybe some day I'll learn to just smile and go with it. I mean, just because the AF is lower doesn't mean it's "less than," does it?! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 33 of 46
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Love it! Maybe some day I'll learn to just smile and go with it. I mean, just because the AF is lower doesn't mean it's "less than," does it?! Smiley Very Happy

Exactly! Smiley Very Happy I love the Zync card, I can't remember the last time I used a card besides it.

Message 34 of 46
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I've said this before in similar threads -

I've been swiping cards for over 2 years and never seen a Zync. I look forward to that day

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm jealous, I haven't had any kind of comments about the card yet. Smiley Wink

But I did get a $10 statement credit for using it at Red Robin. Of course, that was through some Foursquare-linked offer for Amex.

Message 36 of 46
logan_720
Established Contributor

I'm so glad I started building credit as soon as I turned 18...all my friends and co-workers are like "whoa, you have an American Express?!" And I'm like, "Yuuuup." Then they all feel jealous, because nobody my age has really any credit at all. Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 46
spengbab
Regular Contributor

@drsmith wrote:

I've been swiping cards for over 2 years and never seen a Zync. I look forward to that day

Perhaps the Zync cards are the rarest of all Smiley Very Happy I don't know.... Amex just decreased the annual fee to 15$ from 25$. A month after I get the card. Oh well it's only $10 ...

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 38 of 46
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@spengbab wrote:

@drsmith wrote:

Perhaps the Zync cards are the rarest of all Smiley Very Happy I don't know.... Amex just decreased the annual fee to 15$ from 25$. A month after I get the card. Oh well it's only $10 ...

That's interesting. Their website still says $25. Maybe they're giving you a special price. Is this for your 2nd year w/Zync? They waive it for the first year. Still at $25, it's a bargain for what the backdating is going to do for my score! Smiley Tongue

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 39 of 46
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

I'm so glad I started building credit as soon as I turned 18...all my friends and co-workers are like "whoa, you have an American Express?!" And I'm like, "Yuuuup." Then they all feel jealous, because nobody my age has really any credit at all. Smiley Wink

You're also lucky to be learning all of this at your age. When I was in my 20s, I knew NOTHING about credit and made a lot of mistakes. I so wish I had known then even half of what I do now about credit, and I've learned most of it from this forum! Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.