Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex adds lounge checkin through mobile app

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Amex adds lounge checkin through mobile app

Don’t know when this feature went live but flying through SFO earlier I came across this when doing a lounge search as SFO isn’t a usual airport for me. 

Seems like this has rolled out to all centurion lounges. Would have to imagine it had something to do with Amex acquiring Lounge buddy. Hopefully this rolls out to other lounges as well. 

82D47AD2-3958-4561-A5A6-10DB90BB4633.jpeg

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex adds lounge checkin through mobile app

Very cool!  I love using the lounges when I travel.  I must say I enjoy whipping out my platinum card though to check in.  It's never taken long to get access so not sure if I'll really be using the pre-check service.  I'm sure you'll still have to show ID or your card to get in the door even if you check in through the app.  

Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

SFO has a small Centurion. I wonder if remote check-in will lead to abuses if people want to claim a spot long in advance of their actual arrival.

Or maybe the option requires selection of a narrow arrival window.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nice.  It was also a nice touch when they allowed the Platinum to be added to your Delta profile so that you don't have to carry your card with you when traveling.  Although I guess one should still carry the physical card with them in the event that the mobile app isn't functioning properly. 

Message 4 of 5
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:
SFO has a small Centurion. I wonder if remote check-in will lead to abuses if people want to claim a spot long in advance of their actual arrival.

Or maybe the option requires selection of a narrow arrival window.

Believe the moment you check-in the timer in the APP starts for a 30 minute window to check-in.  I have no issue with them adding this functionality, but it seems to me like maybe it's a test before further twerks are made.  For me traveling, half the time I am running to a gate to avoid missing an international, or getting off an international and not quite having the luxury of whipping out my phone to check-in.  With that, since you still have to show a boarding pass and ID, the whole point of the app check-in seems double duty for me.  I could possibly see this benefiting a person who travels at the max traffic peak hour (Am and pm rush) otherwise, it doesn't 'fix' any problem per say.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.