Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex airline credits

tag
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: Amex airline credits

On my Hilton Aspire card i bought 2 AA gift cards for $100 on same day next day bought one for $50 all credits posted in 4 days from purchase date.

Message 21 of 23
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Platinum Amex so its my first time utilizing the $200 credit. I am looking to get the Delta gift cards. Is there a reason you are waiting until the 19th to buy them? Anything I should be aware of or tips when buying them to get the credit? I heard I should be buying them from a desktop. 

Welcome to the forums @Anonymous!  For Delta, make sure you go to delta.com on a desktop as buying them on mobile will have them charged by a 3rd party rather than Delta.  Buy four $50 eGift Certificates in a single transaction.  You'll have a pending transaction for a day or two, then they will all settle and you'll have four $50 transactions.  All four should receive the airline credit in 1-3 days.  This has worked again and again, but keep in mind that gift certificates are specifically excluded from the credit, so there's no recourse if for some reason it didn't work.

Message 22 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my Platinum Amex so its my first time utilizing the $200 credit. I am looking to get the Delta gift cards. Is there a reason you are waiting until the 19th to buy them? Anything I should be aware of or tips when buying them to get the credit? I heard I should be buying them from a desktop. 

Welcome to the forums @Anonymous!  For Delta, make sure you go to delta.com on a desktop as buying them on mobile will have them charged by a 3rd party rather than Delta.  Buy four $50 eGift Certificates in a single transaction.  You'll have a pending transaction for a day or two, then they will all settle and you'll have four $50 transactions.  All four should receive the airline credit in 1-3 days.  This has worked again and again, but keep in mind that gift certificates are specifically excluded from the credit, so there's no recourse if for some reason it didn't work.

+1

The 'no recourse' part of the above is why I buy one to begin with, then wait for the credit to post before I buy another.  That way in the event they "fix" the loophole I'm only stuck dealing with a single GC instead of multiples.  Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.