cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex allowed number of revolvers is unlimited..

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex allowed number of revolvers is unlimited..

Just check out @Jago22s siggy... 5 is not the max anymore lol
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 11 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Just to add to this discussion and reiterate that this is absolutely going to be a YMMV situation, here's a screencap from Reddit on those initially denied for SPG Luxury this morning.

amex5card.png

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems odd for Amex to even offer 5 revolver cards, considering their known for Charge Cards.

That said, depending on your profile. I can't see why a person wouldn't be able to have one of each product offered. If Company "X" ofers 8 products, but only allows you to hold 4. It just means the costomer will go elsewhere for the CC, which means lost revenue for Company "X".

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caught750 wrote:
@Anonymous check out @Jago22s siggy... 5 is not the max anymore lol

I dont know if i would say that..  i do have 6 revolvers, but honestly and i'm really starting to wonder now. I apped 3/4 and 5/6 same day, so i wonder if the system let it go thru withouth UW being involved.  My last card took about an extra week to process and mail out the card, so i'm thinking i have hit any kind of Internal limit even tho they say its UNL now. 

Message 14 of 17
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I want told i was at the max number of cards with them when applying for the blue business plus. The rep told me if i canceled a card i could apply again. I finally canceled my Amex delta blue and was instantly approved with a $9k starting line.
Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 15 of 17
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

5 revolvers is my current limit.

Had to close EveryDay to make room for my new Amazon Amex prime.

They reallocated the CL from the everyday and added 7K more as well.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 16 of 17
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:  I can't see why a person wouldn't be able to have one of each product offered. If Company "X" ofers 8 products, but only allows you to hold 4. It just means the costomer will go elsewhere for the CC, which means lost revenue for Company "X".

True, but lenders want to limit their risk exposure when they lend money. Giving a customer 8 cards probably means a higher overall line of credit and higher exposure to default.  Some lenders calculate it is better to lose the revenue than gain the increasing marginal rewards with wider risk exposure.  I would imagine it is similar to how insurance companies calculate risk exposure when they write insurance contracts and determine premiums. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.