Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex amerprise plat

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex amerprise plat

Ok, that makes sense. So, you're in the same boat as far as your card not being even a year old.

My anniversary is coming up next month (AF-wise), but the card doesn't expire for another 4 years. Of course, by then I'll switch to Schwab, if the 100K MR offer comes again 😁
Message 11 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
You're absolutely right, ELAN is part of 🧦bank. The current issuer of Fidelity Visa... @Remedios favorite 😜. Because, you know...Precious.

Precious ❤

Message 12 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
You're absolutely right, ELAN is part of 🧦bank. The current issuer of Fidelity Visa... @Remedios favorite 😜. Because, you know...Precious.

Precious ❤

The trouble with insider jokes is that people are going to ask what is Socks Bank ("isn't ELAN US Bank") and then they will have to be told yes, it's US Bank, and they will ask why, and the story is, um, underwhelming.   Now if I called it Uncle Bob Nemesis Bank (which is certainly a little longer) because that's where my uncle was finally shot and killed while trying to carry out his 31st bank robbery, at least that would be a little more interesting.   Even if it's not true as it was only his 24th.

Message 13 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Precious ❤

The trouble with insider jokes is that people are going to ask what is Socks Bank ("isn't ELAN US Bank") and then they will have to be told yes, it's US Bank, and they will ask why, and the story is, um, underwhelming.   Now if I called it Uncle Bob Nemesis Bank (which is certainly a little longer) because that's where my uncle was finally shot and killed while trying to carry out his 31st bank robbery, at least that would be a little more interesting.   Even if it's not true as it was only his 24th.

Hmmm, good point @longtimelurker.  Maybe we can entertain adding these references in our handy dandy abbreviations guide 😂😜

Message 14 of 31
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I recall mentioning I used the Amex Platinum $50 semiannual Saks credit to buy socks...and I got some weird replies about manufactured spend with US Bank.

Other equal confusing names we might use:

"Supermagnet" (Cash Magnet...and my sister used to have a whiteboard magnet of an Amex Green)

"Fish Bank"

"173"

Superkudos to anyone who can make sense of the last two!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 15 of 31
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Precious ❤

It's not underwhelming!

You dont know my life 😒

Message 16 of 31
red259
Super Contributor

Just an update. I receieved a letter from Amex that my Amerprise Plat is being converted to the regular Plat on my AF renewal date. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 17 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, just got my notification yesterday and it'll convert on 3/26 for mine :-/
Message 18 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

yep saw posted on DOC website.  how many co-branded plats are left?  Schwab, Goldman Sachs, any i am missing?

Message 19 of 31
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

yep saw posted on DOC website.  how many co-branded plats are left?  Schwab, Goldman Sachs, any i am missing?

Morgan Stanley. 

Oh, and the @CreditCuriosity Platinum, but only through invites 😜😆

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.