Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex and Discover

I have came to the conclusion that I won't be able to get these to cards for 2 years and that's only if I can quit applying for that long. So I am thinking about getting one of these cards by a different issuing bank. That being said what are the easiest ones to get? B of a Amex? Walmart Discover?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex and Discover

Can you share some information about your credit profile ? Do you have any major derogatory TLs on your CRs ? Some creditors are picky about public records, etc...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing bad on my CR. Limited credit history. Average age of accounts is like 3 yrs. I have a ton of inquires but perfect payment history. I just bought a house and car.
Message 3 of 5
DonDraper
Established Member

Walmart Discover is MUCH easier than BoA AmEx to get. However, if you have a BoA Visa or MC in good standing, you have a good chance of converting it to an AmEx. That's what I did.

Message 4 of 5
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

I think the easiest Discover would be the Direct Merchants / HSBC Discover that is sometimes given as a counter offer after a regular Discover online application is denied.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.