Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and HP removal

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Amex and HP removal

So here is the scoop.  I called amex today to try to recon.  my 4 year old foreclosure was why they denied me.  OK i can accept that it happened. 

BUT

I then asked why they pulled all 3 reports if they saw the foreclosure on the first one they pulled.  the CSR said they only pulled EQ. 

So I now have the phone number to call to get the other 2 HP's removed but he said I needed the 12-16 digit number for the pull.  I looked thru my fako reports and can't find the number I looked on the my fico report and can't find the number and I looked on my report direct from the CRA and can't find any # tied to the hard pulls. 

Does anyone know where or how I can get this number?  It would be nice to at least get the extreonous HP removed.  Or if I could just disbute them would amex not be able to verify them. 

Maybe ill just call the number that the guy gave me at amex and ask.

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Amex and hard pulls

So interesting day. I think I fail at recon. I was like ok when they said I had a foreclosure I may try tomorrow again. Anyway. Helpful info for folks

I had 3hard pulls from them and asked why they say they only pulled eq. So how to get the the other 2 hard pulls removed. After 5different Amex numbers I was finally told I can get the number directly from cr. but I have to call it doesn't show on report. So my next move call tu and ex to get hp number ... Call Amex back.... Get the 2 HPs removed. Sounds like a good mission while I get the luxury of working from home next week

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex and hard pulls

@TimeToRecover wrote:
So interesting day. I think I fail at recon. I was like ok when they said I had a foreclosure I may try tomorrow again. Anyway. Helpful info for folks

I had 3hard pulls from them and asked why they say they only pulled eq. So how to get the the other 2 hard pulls removed. After 5different Amex numbers I was finally told I can get the number directly from cr. but I have to call it doesn't show on report. So my next move call tu and ex to get hp number ... Call Amex back.... Get the 2 HPs removed. Sounds like a good mission while I get the luxury of working from home next week

Best wishes that they get removed ...stay on themSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.