Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex annual fee refund, how long?

tag
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Amex annual fee refund, how long?

Today I product changed my Plat down to a green. My annual fee just showed up on my statement this month. I contacted customer service and they said it would take up to 49 days for the annual fee to be adjusted/credited on my account. They said it could be sooner. 

Does anyone have any experience with this and how long did it take to see your credit from the day you downgraded?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex annual fee refund, how long?

@ohnomyfigo wrote:

Today I product changed my Plat down to a green. My annual fee just showed up on my statement this month. I contacted customer service and they said it would take up to 49 days for the annual fee to be adjusted/credited on my account. They said it could be sooner. 

Does anyone have any experience with this and how long did it take to see your credit from the day you downgraded?

Thanks.

Bump  🤷

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I did something w/ Citi the AF Credit showed up at the end of the billing cycle.  Just keep an eye on it and it will show up eventually.

Message 3 of 6
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

I'm referring to a credit from a refunded annual fee. 

Message 4 of 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I think it only took a week or so for me in 2016 (EDP became ED with the Costco switch to Visa looming), but that was back when they were prorating. It might just be YMMV.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 6
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Got my refund in three days. Thanks everyone!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.