cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app "already a cardmember?" question.

tag
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Amex app "already a cardmember?" question.

This may be a silly question, but I am currently an AU on my moms amex gold card. If I want to apply for the amex zync, do I click on the "already a cardmember" option and log into my account and apply, or is that option irrelevant since I am only an AU. Does it even affect the decision?

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex app "already a cardmember?" question.

If you have a AMEX id and password, It will pre~populate the application and save you some time. Either way they will know who you are. :-)
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
dharalex
Established Contributor

I was an AU on my husband's account. When I recently applied for my own, I considered myself new even though I was in the system. My cards were backdated to the year my DH got his card.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 3 of 8
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm on DGF's card and the "Already a cardmember?" option does not populate the screen or result in offers.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 4 of 8
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess a better question would be...does being an AU on an account in good standing help in the process? Say I get denied, which is def possible, can I use being an AU for 5+ years as part of my argument for recon?

Message 5 of 8
Zar
Regular Contributor

All of these are very good questions, I would also like to know the answers since my wife is an AU on my Amex account and we 're planning to apply in January for a card on her name.

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Are you responsible for paying the statement as an AU ?  Or does someone else pay it ?  I think being in good standing would probably help, although it probably will come down to what is on your CR.  Are there any derogatory items and if so, how recent are they ??

As you probably know, AMEX has their own "unique" scoring system ~ so it is hard to predict if you will be approved even if you have a good FICO score.   The charge card products are believed to be easier to obtain, so you might consider starting with Zync or Green, then applying for a revolver later.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 8
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm thinking of just going for the Zync, as it may be my best bet. I do have one negative ( a CO from a little over 3 years a half years ago that's been paid in full). I did have two COs but I just got one removed, so my FICO EQ just jumped from 676-->698. I'm going to wait until this months lower util % reports which will hopefully bump the score up a little bit. ( I know they pull ex almost always but I dont have that score). Hopefully the CO is "overlooked"/ I get offered the 500 limit PIF option.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.