Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex app rules?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex app rules?

Definetly, if it was my choice my utilization would be at zero, only having any utilization of my everyday bills that i have money sitting in my bank account waiting to pay it off. Unfortunetly i half support my parents, and thier spending always outpaces my income. Ive been struggling to pay off $3k in debt for 2 years. Everytime i seem to knock it down something happens that racks it back up to 3k. right now im working on my credit to refinance a high interest rate car loan that i got stuck with and was hoping to get an AMEX which i have heard is known for high CLs to boost my score/use its introductory APR to help pay things off faster.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're helping to support your parents, or anyone for that matter, there should be some understanding that frivolous spending needs to be limited. You're extending yourself by having to pay interest to cover their lifestyle choices when they obviously can't afford it themselves. But since they apparently can't get their own credit cards or have some kind of incapacity that prevents them from covering themselves, I presume maybe there's some medical condition or otherwise debilitating life event(s) going on with them...but in that case I'd expect more debt than a rolling $3k
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 2 amex cards with ~720 score and ~25% util. Hang in there! They have been good to me so far and looking foward to keeping them for a long time. 

Message 13 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

Definetly, if it was my choice my utilization would be at zero, only having any utilization of my everyday bills that i have money sitting in my bank account waiting to pay it off. Unfortunetly i half support my parents, and thier spending always outpaces my income. Ive been struggling to pay off $3k in debt for 2 years. Everytime i seem to knock it down something happens that racks it back up to 3k. right now im working on my credit to refinance a high interest rate car loan that i got stuck with and was hoping to get an AMEX which i have heard is known for high CLs to boost my score/use its introductory APR to help pay things off faster.

I believe that AMEX allows one to limit what authorized users can spend. You could potentially remove your parents as AUs on the card they're currently using and put them on the AMEX instead.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.