cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex applying for new account let sleeping dogs be...1099C?

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex applying for new account let sleeping dogs be...1099C?

Thanks to all for replying to my post with great insight, the question now which Amex card do I apply for , it is the ever day the cash mag , or the cash blue creditcard. Which cards have easist underwriting credit requirements. Below are my data points.

Fico scores are over 800 on 3 cb. open three accounts in the last years they are as follow, July of 2020 US Altitude go visa, US cash visa+ august of 2019 and Apple creditcard Gs August 2019.

Total cl 226,450 and outstanding balance is 850 dollars. What do you guys think let me know before I spin amex lady luck.

Message 11 of 25
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

You will have no problem getting any American Express card that you want. Your data points are excellent.

Message 12 of 25
firefox100
Valued Contributor

@CGeorge wrote:

You will have no problem getting any American Express card that you want. Your data points are excellent.

If you read the post I may still be black listed from Amex. Another thing about the Amex did not charge off account they held it they could charge it off then still send me a 1099c to teachme a lesson to mess Amex.

Message 13 of 25
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Point well taken - that fact had gotten lost in my mind. But 20 years is a generation ago. I maintain that you won't have any problems. Have you tried to get pre-qialified for any of their cards?

Message 14 of 25
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Still on Amex black list no hard pull so far.

I have been quiet on boards in the last few days. This afternoon I decided to apply on the phone for the AMEX Blue cash credit card with no annual fee with 15 months 0% intrest, because I need to buy a new computer that is about 10 years old. After giving the customer rep all my info then it took less then 20 seconds the rep I am sorry we can approve you at this time you will get a letter in couple of days. I check my emails and had an email from AMEX with link to letter, which said you can not be approved for bBlue cash credit card because of an out standing balance on past account you had with us. I am said but not agnry  because AMEX did not do a hardpull. I gess I will never be able to get back in with AMEX I do like the fact they did not do a hard pull, ther data and computer system is amazing how fast they look up the info and got out a letter by email link. The only Question is will they send me letters again looking for ther money from 20 years or more.

Message 15 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Still on Amex black list no hard pull so far.

Cool 👌

Message 16 of 25
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

They probably won't send you letters for a 20+ year old debt because of your state's debt colllection statute of limitations...which doesn't mean you don't still owe the money, just that they can't sue you or get a judgment at this late date.

I was on their blacklist for maybe 29 years ($7K, BK7) until recently, so hang in there!

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 17 of 25
firefox100
Valued Contributor

FinStar what is so Kool, could I get some counseling and TLC Hi Hi. In your Case you filed Bk that may make the difference, I just let the clock run out did not file BK. AMEX never sell ther bad debt.

Message 18 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

FinStar what is so Kool, could I get some counseling and TLC Hi Hi. In your Case you filed Bk that may make the difference, I just let the clock run out did not file BK. AMEX never sell ther bad debt.

Cool in the sense that you didn't get a hard pull and it appears that you're still on their blacklist -- but who knows for how long.  All you can do is try in the future.  You have a variety of lenders so no need to be sad.

@firefox100 As far as BK, no I've never had to go that route so I'm not sure if you have it confused with someone else.  I've been an AmEx cardmember for > 20 years.

Message 19 of 25
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Cool in the sense that you didn't get a hard pull and it appears that you're still on their blacklist -- but who knows for how long.  All you can do is try in the future.  You have a variety of lenders so no need to be sad.

@firefox100 As far as BK, no I've never had to go that route so I'm not sure if you have it confused with someone else.  I've been an AmEx cardmember for > 20 years.

Pretty sure he was commenting on your, and the other poster's comments. They filed bk.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.