cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approval confirmation in email(4 days post approval?)

tag
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Amex approval confirmation in email(4 days post approval?)

What in the world is this now? 

I was approved on April 1st, I was looking for a card in the mail. Still looking forward to but then I got this email?? Anybody?

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex approval confirmation in email(4 days post approval?)

@codesingh wrote:

What in the world is this now? 

I was approved on April 1st, I was looking for a card in the mail. Still looking forward to but then I got this email?? Anybody?

Here is the email I saw just now

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 2 of 11
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

I got that email immediately after I applied.  That's how I found out I was approved.

Message 3 of 11
dodfire
Valued Contributor

It is just the instructions for you to set up your online account. Your card will come soon. Enjoy

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 11
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

You were delayed, in part of their having to manually review my file...lol.

Kinda glad to see this (but bad for your delay), as I've been waiting for almost twenty four hours now for a similar email.

Message 5 of 11
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

I received one dated the 3rd.  I apped at midnightish on the 2nd, I think... Account set up and so excited!  Smiley HappyThe "check status" link had mostly the same information when I checked it right after approval; the email followed within a day or so.  think it's fairly standard, and doesn't seem like anything to worry about.

Congrats!

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 6 of 11
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

You were delayed, in part of their having to manually review my file...lol.

Kinda glad to see this (but bad for your delay), as I've been waiting for almost twenty four hours now for a similar email.

Got my card today. Applied and approved(on the status check same day 4/1/2013). Got email today 4/5/2013. Got card today.

So if there was a manual review how could I the mail with the card reach today??

So happy. Such a great end of the week. Still can't figure out Amex because email confirmaiton for approval came 4 days later. I guess nobody can figure how Amex works.

Message 7 of 11
Express
Frequent Contributor

CongratsSmiley LOL! And welcome to the Amex Family Smiley Very Happy It's worth the wait!

CL $408,200
Message 8 of 11
codesingh
Regular Contributor

@Express wrote:

CongratsSmiley LOL! And welcome to the Amex Family Smiley Very Happy It's worth the wait!

Thank you! I got approved for the second one(gold delta sky miles) as well. I apped for two cards on 4/1/2013, the second one was "in progress" for about 10 days.

Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I got mine a few days after I already knew I was approved too.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.