Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex auto cli at activation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex auto cli at activation?

wasCB14, why do you find it unusual that someone may not apply for their first amex product until they have an AAoA of 6 years? Mine was 7 when I applied for my first Amex.
Message 11 of 13
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
wasCB14, why do you find it unusual that someone may not apply for their first amex product until they have an AAoA of 6 years? Mine was 7 when I applied for my first Amex.

First, just to be clear, I used the qualifier "on here"...so I'm talking about MF, not the general population.

And I don't have hard data or anything. I could be wrong. It just seems that most people on here (or at least most regular posters):

1. Add cards at least somewhat selectively and often get an Amex within their first few years of credit

and/or

2. Go for a few other cards first and lower their AAoA significantly

There will certainly be others like you who don't apply for an Amex until you have an AAoA of 7 years...but this website is dominated (in terms of regular posters, if not registered members) by people who are a bit more aggressive in opening new accounts. I think most people here would get an Amex when a nice bonus was available and they could get a reasonable SL...which would be before their profile was so strong as to justify a $30k SL.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  I've never shared that opinion from reading on here quite a bit, but if that's what you've come to believe it's certainly possible.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.