Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex backdating finally successful!

tag
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Amex backdating finally successful!

Account has been open for five months now, yes I got the 3x CLI after 3 months to 3k! Thanks AMEX. Been trying to get back dated to when I was an AU on "X" wife's account back in 1987, no luck till the other day.(probably asked 4 times). Then after I PIF the bill the other day, and payment had cleared I called and asked again. The rep said"let me see if I can find that sir", came back in about a minute and said you'll be receiving your new card in 7-10 days, and thanks for being part of the AMEX family. I was elated! Finally!

BTW, spending has been 1k ish each month PIF long before the closing date.(checked online and it says "member since 1987".

Thanks to the forum again for the knowledge that helped me bring my "member since" date to 1987!

Smiley Happy

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex backdating finally successful!

That's wonderful! Glad that it worked out for you, as 1987 is a valuable membership date -- Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 14
jagshere
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

That's wonderful! Glad that it worked out for you, as 1987 is a valuable membership date -- Congrats!

Thanks! I really didnt think it would ever happen!I just kept trying and the rest is history!

Thanks Forum Members!

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO
Walmart Discover 15k |CSP 14.4k | Penfed Cash Rewards 9k |DCU 7.5k | Chase Freedom 8k | FNFG 5k | Discover 6.4k| BOA 4k | BCE 3k

Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@jagshere wrote:

Account has been open for five months now, yes I got the 3x CLI after 3 months to 3k! Thanks AMEX. Been trying to get back dated to when I was an AU on "X" wife's account back in 1987, no luck till the other day.(probably asked 4 times). Then after I PIF the bill the other day, and payment had cleared I called and asked again. The rep said"let me see if I can find that sir", came back in about a minute and said you'll be receiving your new card in 7-10 days, and thanks for being part of the AMEX family. I was elated! Finally!

BTW, spending has been 1k ish each month PIF long before the closing date.(checked online and it says "member since 1987".

Thanks to the forum again for the knowledge that helped me bring my "member since" date to 1987!

Smiley Happy

That will do wonders for your AAoA 

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 14
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@jagshere wrote:

Smiley Happy

I'm trying to get this done myself because I used to be an AU on my husband's AAdvantage Amex card as well. However, he removed me some months back so I wanted to know if this will make a difference or can they still see that even though I am no longer an AU on his account. Were you still an AU on your ex's account??

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 5 of 14
jagshere
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@jagshere wrote:

Smiley Happy

That will do wonders for your AAoA 

Congrats 

Thanks!

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO

Message 6 of 14
jagshere
Regular Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

@jagshere wrote:

Smiley Happy

I'm trying to get this done myself because I used to be an AU on my husband's AAdvantage Amex card as well. However, he removed me some months back so I wanted to know if this will make a difference or can they still see that even though I am no longer an AU on his account. Were you still an AU on your ex's account??

Account has been closed since about 1999, we got into trouble and closed all cards and paid them through Consumer Credit Counseling. So the answer to your question is no the account wasnt still open. If you have the old card(which I did) they might want the number in case they cant find it. On my first or second try I was asked for the old card/account number and I gave them the card number.

Good luck, just keep trying every now and then till you get the right rep on the phone.

Smiley Very Happy

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO

Message 7 of 14
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@jagshere wrote:

@jennylocha wrote:

@jagshere wrote:

Smiley Happy

Account has been closed since about 1999, we got into trouble and closed all cards and paid them through Consumer Credit Counseling. So the answer to your question is no the account wasnt still open. If you have the old card(which I did) they might want the number in case they cant find it. On my first or second try I was asked for the old card/account number and I gave them the card number.

Good luck, just keep trying every now and then till you get the right rep on the phone.

Smiley Very Happy

SoooOOoooOOOoooo.......I got it backdated to my husband's member date of 2008!!! I just got off the phone with a super nice customer service rep and he did ask me for the card number which was active anyway. However, he told me that his card was bank issued by Citi so he could not access the account information other than the actual date of account opening which he saw was 2008. I am not currently an AU on his account anymore (since a few months back), but he took my word for it since we do have the same last name and he updated my records! Told me I would receive my new updated cards (Green and BCE) in the mail in 7-10 business days!

I know 2008 is not that long ago, but HECK its longer than the 2013 date on had on my cards initially! Thats 5 years of history! I'm so excited! Thank you for the information again, I LOVE this forum!!!

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 8 of 14
jagshere
Regular Contributor

Awesome! So happy for you! 2008 is better than 2013 for sure great job jennylocha!

12/28 EX 745( FAKO)
12/28 DCU 742 FICO
12/28 WM TU 796 FICO

Message 9 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the backdating success !! Smiley Happy
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.